For Sale 426 wedge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

furyus 67

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine but close to me. Don't see these much!!
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/pts/5038497959.html

image.jpg

Hmmmm... Tough one.
That engine has no provenance to any car so it's real value is up for debate.
The marine use actually decreases its value.
The heads and accessories add to the value.

the intake is different than the typical Wedge as well which tells me that this is not a MAX Wedge...

Still it would be interesting to drop it into something

Pretty nostalgic. You'd have to un-marine it for car use. Not sure about using the intake, may be able to by re plumbing the cooling routing.
Growing up in Michigan, I've seen a number of 413s and 440s in boats, never anything dual quad like this, or the "Imperial" badging. It would probably be a great motor to restore a boat with, and leave the heritage remain.
Z
$_35.JPG
idewdt.jpg

The biggest differences I see,and I'm far from knowledgable in most thing Mopar, is the water pump and housing , crank pulley and the intake mr.fix it mentioned. What I do know about marine engines is that they usually had more horsepower than their passenger car counterparts. Is this true with this engine?

"What I do know about marine engines is that they usually had more horsepower than their passenger car counterparts"

No not at all. You'll notice the 325 badging? That's 325 HP. I'm not sure about 1963, but later car motors were 365 hp. Marine motors like more torque than HP, you are very rarely coasting, like when you let your foot off the gas in a car. Most of the time, a marine motor is hogging along, under lots of load.

I'm going to bet that motor won't be around long, being period correct for a boat(not a C body boat).

It would really be pointless to tear it apart. You could buy a 440 for a car and be better in every way for under 1k.

I know some were reverse rotation especially if it came from a boat with twin engines.
Century used lots of Chrysler engines in their boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back