For Sale '57 Savoy 4dr sedan in Maine with some mods for $6k

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Contact seller
Alright, I know I promised not to flood the forum with CL ads, but you don't often come across driving FL cars under five figures in any decent shape. This one appears decent.
1957 Plymouth Savoy

1957 Plymouth Savoy,425ci auto,78k mi power disc brakes,power rack and pinion steering,this car is a driver it drives and stops excellent the interior needs to be finished $6000 No Trades! Serious Inquiries only

00000_583BQWMCfzG_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_g7J4H5DEjRc_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_7rNBRu7QdUo_1200x900.jpg

00f0f_2gDfBoeXdNo_1200x900.jpg

00H0H_ie0Ci3iY4gj_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_gOxZO1eDt2L_1200x900.jpg

00Z0Z_7h0FgoIgRqs_1200x900.jpg

Could be a Buick motor, I can't say, not a big block unless they found a way to move the distributor to the other side. Looks like a GM HEI distributor?

Those look to be Detroit Steel wheels they are good for a grand

Those look to be Detroit Steel wheels they are good for a grand

I'm not saying that you are wrong, but those wheels look identical to the 20" spare under my truck.

Looking at the kludge of make-do parts, I think it may have come ashore from Cuba. That's a long swim to Maine, but viva El Forward Look!

Is it me or does this color throw the dimensions of this car way way way off?
It's weird, I never took issue with the plain Jane monotone versions of these cars but this color in particular makes this car look wacky as hell.

I've messaged the seller. It's a Cadillac 425. Car is from FL. Wheels are Dodge truck 20 s, and the car has discs and the larger bolt pattern. I really want this, but I don't know if I can raise the bucks, unless I sell either my '76 Skylark or my '68 D100.

Remember, not every car of that era was tutone or three-tone paint. This is a Savoy. The bottom Plymouth trim level.

I've messaged the seller. It's a Cadillac 425. Car is from FL. Wheels are Dodge truck 20 s, and the car has discs and the larger bolt pattern. I really want this, but I don't know if I can raise the bucks, unless I sell either my '76 Skylark or my '68 D100.

Remember, not every car of that era was tutone or three-tone paint. This is a Savoy. The bottom Plymouth trim level.

Since it doesn't appear to be original paint....you could paint it 2 or 3 tone.

It's not the monotone I take issue with, actually, I don't technically take issue with any of it. . .. I'm just trying to figure out why the lines seem so jumpy to me where on cars of other colors (monotone as well) they flowed more.
Could just be me .. I did dabble in the psychoactives in my youth.

[QUOTE="GJS, post: 678984, member: 5352 I'm just trying to figure out why the lines seem so jumpy to me where on cars of other colors (monotone as well) they flowed more.
Could just be me .. I did dabble in the psychoactives in my youth.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's been photoshopped?

[QUOTE="GJS, post: 678984, member: 5352 I'm just trying to figure out why the lines seem so jumpy to me where on cars of other colors (monotone as well) they flowed more.
Could just be me .. I did dabble in the psychoactives in my youth.

Maybe it's been photoshopped?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. I think it's probably a combination of the color, the belt line trim and the size/color of the wheels.
That and I REALLY wish he'd hit the door jambs while spraying.

A Savoy would look silly as a tutone paint car, IMO. The dove grey and the tint, gives it a sinister look that I like a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back