6.1 or 5.7 swap. Has anyone done it or looked into it?

Someone should put a kit together with all of the components needed; mounts, harness, flex plate, etc. I could see it now, in ten years all those kids ripping the 5.7's out of worthless metric Challengers and Chargers to breath life into the engine-less "Vintage" C bodies selling at BJ Auction for 5 figures. :pimp_daddy:

So you're saying Ross is a visionary?

Also found out that you most likely need to use a spacer on the 727 bellhousing cause there can be a rubbing issue.

Also read that all the 727 SB holes do line up except one. I am sure Stormer can confirm for sure.

You're kidding.
ALL that?
It's called Electronic Fuel Injection, Stan.
Also found out that you most likely need to use a spacer on the 727 bellhousing cause there can be a rubbing issue.

Also read that all the 727 SB holes do line up except one. I am sure Stormer can confirm for sure.

I've heard the same thing but I didn't need a spacer. I think that's only if you don't have the correct flex plate. I don't remember one hole not lining up but it's been a while.

Is this just the engine harness? How does this cohabitate with the rest of the car's wiring, dash gauges, interior lights, tail and head lights, etc..?

Thanks for the link Stormer. If the 318 ever blows up in my 5th Ave, I've toyed with the idea of a 318/ 360 Magnum from an 90's truck as a transplant. The wiring was always the hang up, now it may happen someday.

But that 318 still runs great, I'll probably never get it done LOL.

Is this just the engine harness? How does this cohabitate with the rest of the car's wiring, dash gauges, interior lights, tail and head lights, etc..?
It's just an engine harness. I have modern gauges but all the lights, etc. run on the OEM system.

image.jpg

I would a late model hemi for the sporty, just need to convince the father in law he needs to bank roll this for his enjoyment not mine

IMG_20140913_212750_355.jpg

After seeing this car run high 9s last year at Norwalk Oh. with a turbo small block. Putting that same kind of combo in a c body would be a awesome car, drive to the track, make passes with street tires drive home, I don't think traction would be a problem with a c and the soft hit of a turbo, I don't think low 13 s through the exhaust and reasonable rear gear is out of question.

IMG_20140913_212750_355.jpg

View attachment 44414

After seeing this car run high 9s last year at Norwalk Oh. with a turbo small block.
If I recall correctly, the four door sedan and wagons for those particular years were used by the guys smart enough to use their extra weight over the coupes to just barely knock them down one class where they then had the weight avantage

Anybody have guesses what a small block, roll up window, non power seat fast top weighs?

I do have a 4 and a 1/4 cat turbo and a 5.2 magnum engine here, welder is already warm from making new coil racks.

Yeah nobody is believing that, that's like believing shipping weights because nobody has ever tried to get extra on a truck they are not paying for. Your not slipping that one by this old trucker, lol.

Back