61 carpet in a 62 ?

Mopar_Mudder

Reaction score
I have a 62. I know the hump is smaller in the 62 then the 61 do to the transmission change. Problem is that you can't find molded carpet for a 62, only the 61. 62's are all sewn. So has anyone ever attempted to put 61 carpet in a 62 and can say how it fits?

I just found molded carpet with the proper heel pad on Stock interiors website. Listed for the 62-64 Dodge 880, but not listed for the 62 Chrysler

I think the heel pad pattern is different.

I have a 61 and a 62. Floors don't stand out as different, but I hadn't measured.

I think the heel pad pattern is different.

I have a 61 and a 62. Floors don't stand out as different, but I hadn't measured.
I believe the heel pads are the same, but the 60, 61 cars have a much larger transmission tunnel, than the 62-64 cars

So are you saying the 880 has the same floor and carpet at the Imperial?
are you asking about Imperials? Didn't see any mention of Imperials in the posts above. The floor changed on the Chrysler, Dodge 880 in 1962. Not sure about Imperials though.

are you asking about Imperials? Didn't see any mention of Imperials in the posts above. The floor changed on the Chrysler, Dodge 880 in 1962. Not sure about Imperials though.

This is the Imperial forum so I just thought it was a given, but yes I have a 1962 Imperial Crown 4 Door. Would be interesting to see how close the 880 would be though, couldn't be that lucky that it would fit.

This is the Imperial forum so I just thought it was a given, but yes I have a 1962 Imperial Crown 4 Door. Would be interesting to see how close the 880 would be though, couldn't be that lucky that it would fit.
My Apologies. I didn't see which category the original post was in, just saw the title 61 carpet in a 62. I don't think a carpet for a unibody Chrysler or Dodge would fit a full frame Imperial.

Back