For Sale '61 Imperial in Berkeley for $9k. It's pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Contact seller
It seems to me this one has been discussed, but I didn't find it in a forum search...
1961 Chrysler Imperial

00K0K_cCa3xO7Ynrv_1200x900.jpg

00m0m_5T3glQLMfbM_1200x900.jpg

00r0r_4wAPFrIAuqb_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_dSkFf5PExmf_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_irW3ut6lMoK_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_bgfLmdrAoe9_1200x900.jpg

00202_aEze4ANtbHU_1200x900.jpg

00808_9cWW5yEMpa7_1200x900.jpg

Nice, except it's pink, could never drive a pink car.

i kinda like it

I am a man and not scared to drive a pink car.:steering:
I even had a Mod Top before

We call it "Salmon" color. About 1990 I went to look at about 20 Imperials near Racine WI. The man had a stroke and had the range from 1959 to 1968. Man was he smart but his body gave out. He designed a dye to stamp out the lower rear quarters for 1957 to 1963 Imperials. He had a completed pile of them totaling about 100 plus. I looked at the 1961 Imperial in Salmon color. It was just painted but needed the chrome and trim be put back on it plus the seats. He knew where every piece of that car was from multiple buildings. I could of purchased the car for $700 but my then wife said if I get another car she would divorce me. I should of got the car as she divorced me a couple years later.

The color is called "dusk mauve", and I believe there was a "dawn mauve" as well.

I think this might be Junkyard Johnny's car, from Phoenix.

The color is called "dusk mauve", and I believe there was a "dawn mauve" as well.

I think this might be Junkyard Johnny's car, from Phoenix.

You are correct on the color options for "pink". But Johnny Rosen's car was a 2 door:

Prudence_1961_Imperial-1200x524.jpg

You could tell it is his from the jacked up back end. I tried to buy it from him a few years ago before he moved out of Phoenix, but he wanted way too much money for it. And I had to hear a load of **** from him when I told him that! :rofl:

Some things never change!

You are correct on the color options for "pink". But Johnny Rosen's car was a 2 door:

View attachment 179273

You could tell it is his from the jacked up back end. I tried to buy it from him a few years ago before he moved out of Phoenix, but he wanted way too much money for it. And I had to hear a load of **** from him when I told him that! :rofl:

Some things never change!

I guess everyone long enough in the Hobby has a Johnny R. story.
If germans didn't like his pricing we got some special callings, too

What happened to normalcy?, blue for boys, pink for girls, pants for boys, skirts for girls, etc.

what is normalcy?
Who defines it?

According to my neighbours I am not normal as I don't drive any modern "Hi Tech" car just 45+ year old american iron.

what is normalcy?
Who defines it?

According to my neighbours I am not normal as I don't drive any modern "Hi Tech" car just 45+ year old american iron.
Muddying the waters is not a legitimate argument. The point I'm making has nothing to do with perception, but some good old-fashioned common sense.

Muddying the waters is not a legitimate argument. The point I'm making has nothing to do with perception, but some good old-fashioned common sense.

I am not muddying waters.

How about old Mopar Muscle cars?
Nearly 50 years ago older people would have said that guys driving a plumcrazy, sublime, curious yellow or Go mango coloured muscle car aren't normal.

The generation that drove cars in the 1930s/40s had mostly black, grey and beige coloured cars. For them a green met or bronze met was way to modern and not normal?

"old fashioned" is always depending on the time frame and the circumstances and is underlieing a fluent change

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back