For Sale '61 Imperial in Berkeley for $9k. It's pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not muddying waters.

How about old Mopar Muscle cars?
Nearly 50 years ago older people would have said that guys driving a plumcrazy, sublime, curious yellow or Go mango coloured muscle car aren't normal.

The generation that drove cars in the 1930s/40s had mostly black, grey and beige coloured cars. For them a green met or bronze met was way to modern and not normal?

"old fashioned" is always depending on the time frame and the circumstances and is underlieing a fluent change
You've missed the point entirely.

Show me the chart... :poke:

Actually, my recollection was off by one year, 1960 names vs 1961.

Here are the charts you have requested though from factory sources:

1960 Imperial Colors/names

60chryimp.jpg

1961 Imperial colors/names

61chryimp.jpg

The vehicle at hand is probably a very faded malibu tan (look at the door jamb where the VIN tag is attached), and Rosen's was the same but in good condition.

Don't like the color... change it! It's not like it needs to be original, as stated before on various threads, the values have come way down on these so paint it what you like.

You've missed the point entirely.

I don't think he did, rather you seem to have missed his point. Preferences change over time and there really is no normal, except for a period of time. Take these factory high impact paint "panther pink" B & E bodies that were an option for at least 1970 and 1971, popular enough for a two-year run, and the only ones I see left anymore are stored in collections that are owned by men, and their vehicles are highly valued still. Some have sold at auctions such as Mecum for over $1 million.

upload_2018-4-12_14-15-11.jpeg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgfHCjmWTNDVjQJx77UDGNPsJJKps1-bL6FviB141jw3Br2s-YMg.jpg
AUT-23-RK2121-01P.jpg

Don't like the color... change it! It's not like it needs to be original, as stated before on various threads, the values have come way down on these so paint it what you like.
i think it needs to be more pinkier than original. kinda like the ones just pictured by saforwordlook

I don't think he did, rather you seem to have missed his point. Preferences change over time and there really is no normal, except for a period of time. Take these factory high impact paint "panther pink" B & E bodies that were an option for at least 1970 and 1971, popular enough for a two-year run, and the only ones I see left anymore are stored in collections that are owned by men, and their vehicles are highly valued still. Some have sold at auctions such as Mecum for over $1 million.

View attachment 179341 View attachment 179342 View attachment 179343
Now that's two of you that have missed the point :BangHead:, if you go back and read what I stated you'll realize that my argument goes beyond car colours. Never mind.

ok, another try.

You wrote:
Nice, except it's pink, could never drive a pink car.

I read in another thread that you drive a Ford (which recently burned).

I would rather drive a pink Imperial than a Ford.

I would rather drive any old Mopar than a Ford.

Being willing to drive a Ford instead of an old Mopar is not normal to me:wideyed:

ok, another try.

You wrote:

I read in another thread that you drive a Ford (which recently burned).

I would rather drive a pink Imperial than a Ford.

I would rather drive any old Mopar than a Ford.

Being willing to drive a Ford instead of an old Mopar is not normal to me:wideyed:
Driving brand X cars has nothing to do it, and I'm not ashamed of having owned Fords and other non-Mopar cars over the years.
In the past my daily drivers were Chrysler products, mostly Australian made, and a few Dodges (re-badged Plymouth Furys) in between, but those cars are relegated to the shed and enjoyed on nice days now, not just by myself, but by most classic car owners, a 1990s Ford is cheap to replace or repair, a classic car is not. It is simply not practical to drive the old classics on a daily basis, unless they and parts are readily available at reasonable prices, that may be the case in USA, but not here.

a 1990s Ford is cheap to replace or repair, a classic car is not. It is simply not practical to drive the old classics on a daily basis, unless they and parts are readily available at reasonable prices, that may be the case in USA, but not here.

I disagree.
It is a question of will, even though sometimes it is a pain, too.
As is the lack of some comfort if something isn't working (like the AC usually).

I do not live in the US but try to drive vintage Mopar only (despite winter months if salt is on the road). Mechanical parts are easily available and still cheap.

My average summer daily is a 1970 Imperial 2dr and its alternative a 71 Sport Fury as well as a Polara. Last couple of pictures taken out of the kitchen window, the last one with the Polara just a few minutes ago. You can also see the cars of my normal (???) neighbours

385.JPG
7925.JPG

I do not see the appeal of driving a 50 year old car as a daily driver but I guess it depends on the length of the commute. Being in outside sales most of my adult life, I couldn't fathom driving a 50 year old car 100+ miles every day. I'd rather drive modern muscle that can get 23 MPG highway with all the creature comforts.

35858298761_ee64158383_b.jpg
[/url]

I drive up to 900km a week, for me it's not about will, it's about running costs and a certain level of comfort, particularly for my family.

Pink or not it’s attractive in my eyes. I’ll drive a pink Thunderbird, a pink Mustang; hell I’ll drive Presley’s mother’s pink Caddy.

It’s different, it’s tasteful.

If done right; a beautiful car is a beautiful car.

D56A6173-A37F-4FF4-B028-52C471CA7137.jpeg

4133A4EF-836B-45B4-B9ED-262807DF2ECF.jpeg

7F91713B-0A5C-4CE5-9403-293FBD673C2F.jpeg

Last edited:
I disagree.
As is the lack of some comfort if something isn't working (like the AC usually).

I do not live in the US but try to drive vintage Mopar only (despite winter months if salt is on the road). Mechanical parts are easily available and still cheap.

My average summer daily is a 1970 Imperial 2dr and its alternative a 71 Sport Fury as well as a Polara. Last couple of pictures taken out of the kitchen window, the last one with the Polara just a few minutes ago. You can also see the cars of my normal (???) neighbours

View attachment 179608 View attachment 179609

You really ought to be ashamed of yourself for doing that to that poor Dodge.

Feel guilty of all three huh?

"no" to all of them.

I like to drive my cars as often as possible.
I don't worry parking next to other cars.
And I would convert a 71 Polara to look like a 70 always again:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back