64 imperial window circuit breaker

3rdelke

Reaction score
20240807_080739~2.jpg
does anyone have a wiring detail? I can't find it in the fsm. I seem to have a short. It clicks all the time.

From my experiences, the FSM will show wiring junctions. I would suspect you can follow the color codes to where they go or originate from? I suspect that when you determine the particular circuits involved, you can find where the issue might be. "Shorts" can also result from wires whose insulation had "chafed" or worn-though in some areas from years of vibrational movement.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

View attachment 681344does anyone have a wiring detail? I can't find it in the fsm. I seem to have a short. It clicks all the time.
The circuit breaker is on Fig 10, page 8-104. Lower left corner, right next to the wiring color callout. Figure 3, page 8-97, upper left corner, shows the feed to the breaker.

From what I see, it looks like you have some extra wiring added on. Depending on what it is, that could be overloading the breaker and making it trip. Next is you have what looks like a rusty nut on one connection. Clean that up as dirty connections will cause more current draw and that can overload the breaker too.

Circuit breakers age too. As they get older, they tend to trip easier and if they've tripped numerous times, they trip even easier. It might be worth replacing. The circuit breakers are readily available, but since those are two breakers that are ganged together, you may have to replace both and make a jumper wire or something like that for power.

After further investigation, seems like it is wiper switch that is ticking...draining battery.

Back