66 Monaco taillight lens

Vev78

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased Reproduction taillight lens from National Moparts? Wondering if they are a good quality part and if they fit well?

Mine fill up with water from cracks .

Has anyone purchased Reproduction taillight lens from National Moparts? Wondering if they are a good quality part and if they fit well?

Mine fill up with water from cracks .
I got mine from Laysons, they look exactly the same as what is pictured on National Moparts site. They are very nice, and are the same as the original lenses I compared them with.

I had not heard of Laysons. I see they make a lot of '66 Monaco/Polara lenses, but nothing for '67 or '68. I wonder why that is. Does National Moparts make their own lenses, or do the re-sell Laysons?

I had not heard of Laysons. I see they make a lot of '66 Monaco/Polara lenses, but nothing for '67 or '68. I wonder why that is. Does National Moparts make their own lenses, or do the re-sell Laysons?
I can't remember if Rick told me he had them made, or not. It's been a while since I bought my set. The description is the same thiugh. There was someone in Canada that made the lenses with the trim, wish I could have scored a set of those before they were gone.

I got mine from Laysons, they look exactly the same as what is pictured on National Moparts site. They are very nice, and are the same as the original lenses I compared them with.
Thank you! I hadn't heard of them either. Ill look them up now.

The inner I purchased from Layson's fits perfect, but I left it in a hot car, and it warped.
I put it on a flat surface with a couple books on it for a week or two, all good now.
You have to remove the chrome trim from the old lens and put it on the new one, I ended using epoxy from the back side to keep it in.
My $.02

Back