66 sport fury antenna

HOT FURY

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was moving some things around and my antenna cable pulled out of the antenna. I could not see a way to take it apart to reinstall the cable into the base so I am in need of a good used or new replacement oe style one. Any suggestions? I still have all of the other parts so if one from another body style will work with my bracket and other attachment parts I'm good with that too. Thx

I was moving some things around and my antenna cable pulled out of the antenna. I could not see a way to take it apart to reinstall the cable into the base so I am in need of a good used or new replacement oe style one. Any suggestions? I still have all of the other parts so if one from another body style will work with my bracket and other attachment parts I'm good with that too. Thx
Plug it back in.

Is yours a 1 piece antenna with mast built into base? Or does it have removable base
Mine appears to be a 1 piece with the mast built in. The cable doesn't appear that it was removable from the base as well or the fitting that would go on the cable is stuck in the base since the coaxial type cable just pulled out completely. I have the saddle bracket, nut, and bezel still in good shape. Just got careless when routing the cable and pulled it too tight from the antenna base

Start a parts wanted thread. You can check the aftermarket suppliers but you may not find a repop like the original.

Then you would be looking for a 1-piece antenna. I believe 67 was the last year for that, to my knowledge the bezels don't swap on earlier ones like they did on the 68 and later 2-piece designs.

If you have a radio repair shop in your area, They should be able to crimp on a new end. Does it look like this one? I unplugged the coax fitting from the base. I broke the radio end off and I had my radio shop put on a new end in pic 3

100_1701.JPG

100_1702.JPG

100_1703.JPG

If you have a radio repair shop in your area, They should be able to crimp on a new end. Does it look like this one? I unplugged the coax fitting from the base. I broke the radio end off and I had my radio shop put on a new end in pic 3

View attachment 676095

View attachment 676096

View attachment 676097
Unfortunately not, mine looks like the cable is all part of it from the factory and not replaceable or at least not by just plugging in a cable like that.

Back