'67 Fury- Air Cleaner Question

DrillNFill

Reaction score
Hi everyone- New to the C-body forum but have been a member of "for A Bodies Only" for several years now. But my dad just bought a 1967 Plymouth Fury 2-door hardtop, and I want to do something nice for him. The Fury has an original-looking "Commando" 383 with 727 auto. The car is done up nicely overall but the engine bay needs some sprucing up, and as the air cleaner has no decals/ engine callouts, I wanted to get him the proper air cleaner 'Pie Pan". I want to make sure I get the proper one for the air cleaner that's on it. Is the pie pan pictured below the correct one for that style of air cleaner? Its a bit pricey so I want to make sure. The front fender has a "Commando 383" badge on it. If not, could someone point me to the correct pie pan/ decal appropriate for this engine/air cleaner? Any info will be appreciated! Thank you and I look forward to learning more about C-Bodies!

IMG_9518.PNG
IMG_9488.jpg

Hi everyone- New to the C-body forum but have been a member of "for A Bodies Only" for several years now. But my dad just bought a 1967 Plymouth Fury 2-door hardtop, and I want to do something nice for him. The Fury has an original-looking "Commando" 383 with 727 auto. The car is done up nicely overall but the engine bay needs some sprucing up, and as the air cleaner has no decals/ engine callouts, I wanted to get him the proper air cleaner 'Pie Pan". I want to make sure I get the proper one for the air cleaner that's on it. Is the pie pan pictured below the correct one for that style of air cleaner? Its a bit pricey so I want to make sure. The front fender has a "Commando 383" badge on it. If not, could someone point me to the correct pie pan/ decal appropriate for this engine/air cleaner? Any info will be appreciated! Thank you and I look forward to learning more about C-Bodies!

View attachment 687572View attachment 687573

1967 & 1968 C Body 383 4 barrel engines did not have any decals, except for a small yellow one on the left side of the air cleaner. In these years, only the 440 cars got a pie tin and they used a different (expensive today) air cleaner with a wider area in the center that accommodates a pie tin. The question you need to ponder is whether you want to engine to look correct, and if not, how much do you want to spend. I'm sure you dad would appreciate it if you cleaned up the engine and engine compartment. FYI, 1967 383 4 barrel engines did not come with the HP exhaust manifolds. I have been into Furys and other C Bodies for 35 years.

I believe the raised ring around the wing nut is smaller in diameter on your air cleaner than the pie tin pictured...think the repop pie tins are made to fit the HP unsilenced or certain dual snorkel air cleaners

Last edited:
Back