67 Fury - how to remove the front grille turn signal/parking light bulbs?

edbods

Reaction score
Sounds like a dumb question but my car doesn't have the owner's manual to consult, and these seem to be stuck on permanently. Tried all sorts of twisting and pulling but cannot for the life of me get to these bulbs. How do you take the socket off?

Sounds like a dumb question but my car doesn't have the owner's manual to consult, and these seem to be stuck on permanently. Tried all sorts of twisting and pulling but cannot for the life of me get to these bulbs. How do you take the socket off?
You need to remove the lamp assembly. There are 2 bolts that hold the lamps to the grille. You will find 1 nut on each end of the lamp. Remove the nuts and the lamps will pull off the grille. Make sure that you don’t lose the special bolts that hold the lamps to the grille. Once the lamps are removed, the lenses are screwed to the lamp housing. Remove the lens and push and twist the bulbs to remove them. Do not try to pull the wires or base of the bulb retainer/housing.

You need to remove the lamp assembly
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Oh well. Better get started then. I did see the screws/nuts on the assembly holding it all together, was just hoping that I didn't have to pull the whole thing apart. Very odd that the engineers made the socket non-removable, but at least there's a decent amount of room to work with. Thanks heaps!

Back