67 new yorker ( one headrest )

Why ( seen it more then once ) would someone order a car with just one headrest ? (passenger side).

It was not ordering one headrest, but ordering the reclining passenger seat which includes the headrest. The box for the driver's just didn't get ticked.

Why ( seen it more then once ) would someone order a car with just one headrest ? (passenger side).

The head rest is a part of the reclining seat option. If one ordered just a passenger side recliner, the driver side headrest had to be ordered seperate. The salesman probably dropped the ball on that one. I've seen them like that before.

You could order one headrest at a time on a B-body and they had no recliners, just sayin'.

oh the rust on that thing. ultra hi res; http://www.duricy.com/~highlandpark/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2372&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

And and I say this to you my fine upstanding Protestant-Catholic-non_demoninational-Jewish-American fellow, no shot of the passenger side. odd...

main.php

oh the rust on that thing. ultra hi res;

And and I say this to you my fine upstanding Protestant-Catholic-non_demoninational-Jewish-American fellow, no shot of the passenger side. odd...

If you go to the third page of pics, there are pictures of the passenger side from the front and rear of the car. The passenger side doesn't look as bad as the driver side. That hole in the driver's front fender makes me cringe. I'm also not sure that there isn't some damage under the vinyl and around that rear window. The trunk shots look like water has been coming in from above. I love the car overall, though! But my son and I looked at two 67 300s at a car show this past weekend - one was a 4 door, one a 2 door. I actually like 4 door versions of the 65-68 C's. He told me he wanted to go with the 4 door so that he could get in and out by himself. Guess that settles it, the 7 year old has spoken!!

The front fender is very fixable, but in the high res image there's a bubble above the rear wheel. That looks like previous body work that is failing. It might be minimal... or it might not be.

I'm going to say before mid year '68.

I thought they were optional. Standard on the passenger reclining seat/ optional on the driver side.

We have to start with:
1. The first model year they were available, and...
2. The last model year before the year they were mandated to be standard on both the driver's and passengers seats.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Just like I said, mid year '69...

Back