68 318 coolant hose q

Reaction score
I am in the middle of replacing the water pump in Elwood, a 68 Plymouth Fury II 4 door sedan and I am wondering about the hose that goes from the water pump to intake manifold at the base of the thermostat housing.
Circled in the engine bay picture, below.

I found Continental part number 63642 and it appears to be correct.

Has anyone tried? Have I got it right?
IMG_1053.jpeg

IMG_2120.png

I think that is the correct hose.

Some are "cut to fit" as they are used in a GM application too, but this doesn't look as long as those. Still might have to trim it.

You may want to double check the diameter as I have seen some incorrect listings, albeit years ago.

I think that is the correct hose.

Some are "cut to fit" as they are used in a GM application too, but this doesn't look as long as those. Still might have to trim it.

You may want to double check the diameter as I have seen some incorrect listings, albeit years ago.
I didn’t see anything about diameter. It’s ordered and I will report back upon receipt and inspection.

Those LA engine water pump bypass hoses have been around for ages. As long as they go from point A to point B, that's all that matters. Seems like they usually failed, if not changed and allowed to fail, out of cycle with the radiator hoses? I concur to go ahead and change it while you're doing the other hoses.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Those LA engine water pump bypass hoses have been around for ages. As long as they go from point A to point B, that's all that matters. Seems like they usually failed, if not changed and allowed to fail, out of cycle with the radiator hoses? I concur to go ahead and change it while you're doing the other hoses.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
The hose that is in there is ok, except on the ends, where gorilla tightening, bolt and hose clamp breaking me has over tightened the hose clamps to gouge the hose ends, beautifully, I might add. ;^)

Continental hoses are actually Goodyear hoses.
Top quality and fitment.
Goodyear sold its belt and hose division to Continental several years ago.
I use them exclusively including their belts which used to be branded as Gatorback belts.

Back