For Sale '68 Dodge Polara 500 & '68 Dodge Polara 4 door sedan.

wypowerwagon440

Reaction score
'68 Polara 500, no title, 440, floor shift auto, bucket seats. Very fixable cool car if someone wanted to put the time into it. $1000
'68 Polara 4 door sedan, clear title. Was a 383, auto. Has front & rear seats out of a '74 New Yorker but I'm thinking the leather is pretty crispy by now. No engine & transmission. $500
Can get more pictures/information if needed. Would like to sell complete cars. I don't really have a lot of extra time for parting them out. I'm not on the internet much so responding might be slow.

20220508_131841.jpg

20220508_131813.jpg

20220508_131916.jpg

20220508_131930.jpg

20220508_132247.jpg

20220508_132842.jpg

20220508_132400.jpg

20220508_132418.jpg

20220508_132438.jpg

20220508_132526.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. A #s matching 440 magnum polara 500 for a 1000 and its not sold???
Yep, not even an offer for a lower price. I probably have around 50 A, B & C body cars from the 60's & 70's that I need to get rid of but the lack of interest in the few I've had time to post for sale isn't revving my engine to post more. Everything is kinda boxed in so there isn't any point in trying to sell the cars in the middle first.
Do you still have these cars? I was looking at the driverside headlight bezel on the two!
I'm thinking now I should've taken a picture of the entire grill. I think the pieces you are asking about are in the pictures but they are cracked. I can't find the same pieces off the white car. They were there at one point but stuff tends to climb out over the fence without me knowing until I need it. We did have some extra parts for those in the shop but I forgot to take the key so I couldn't check there. Will try to do that on the next trip there. I try to get there about once a week.

20221108_123802.jpg

20221108_123831.jpg

Yep, not even an offer for a lower price. I probably have around 50 A, B & C body cars from the 60's & 70's that I need to get rid of but the lack of interest in the few I've had time to post for sale isn't revving my engine to post more. Everything is kinda boxed in so there isn't any point in trying to sell the cars in the middle first.

I'm thinking now I should've taken a picture of the entire grill. I think the pieces you are asking about are in the pictures but they are cracked. I can't find the same pieces off the white car. They were there at one point but stuff tends to climb out over the fence without me knowing until I need it. We did have some extra parts for those in the shop but I forgot to take the key so I couldn't check there. Will try to do that on the next trip there. I try to get there about once a week.

View attachment 566626

View attachment 566627
Ok thanks for getting back to me.

Wild. Parting out formals by any chance?
Not exactly sure what you're calling a "formal". If it's your car, yes. I think there are 9 or 10, maybe more of the '74 to '78 Imperials, New Yorkers & Newports. Various conditions, some 4 doors & some 2 doors. My parents moved there in 1976 and already had several vehicles. It was a slow progression until my brother & I started driving in the early 80's. My dad had a truck & trailer, my brother & I were very ambitious so things really escalated from there. Most everything has been there more than 35 years. Pretty wild for sure. I can say it was great fun at the time plus we always had parts to keep stuff running. The white Polara was my mom's daily driver from 1972 until about 1984 when she got a '74 Imperial. Her daily driver before that was a '56 Imperial 4 door Southampton. I have gotten the '56 back on the road this year.

Yes, with "formals" I'm talking about the '74-'78s. Am looking for some parts for my Imperial but tends to be difficult as I'm in Europe.

68 Polara 500, no title, 440, floor shift auto, bucket seats. Very fixable cool car if someone wanted to put the time into it. $1000
Very rare L code 440 Magnum powered car with the well appointed interior.
You can count how many were built on one hand!
Hope this one gets saved.

Last edited:
Yes, with "formals" I'm talking about the '74-'78s. Am looking for some parts for my Imperial but tends to be difficult as I'm in Europe.
Cool, I hadn't heard them called that but learn something new every day. If I remember correctly there are 4 Imperials of those years. I haven't had a lot of time to check the Imperials over but I'd say a decent shape '75 2 door. A decent shape '75 4 door. A wrecked & pretty bad shape '74 4 door and another 2 door but I don't remember what year and is probably just a parts car. Let me know what you're looking for & I'll look the next time I'm there.

Cool, I hadn't heard them called that but learn something new every day. If I remember correctly there are 4 Imperials of those years. I haven't had a lot of time to check the Imperials over but I'd say a decent shape '75 2 door. A decent shape '75 4 door. A wrecked & pretty bad shape '74 4 door and another 2 door but I don't remember what year and is probably just a parts car. Let me know what you're looking for & I'll look the next time I'm there.
PM sent.

Would you have a TRW powert steering pump around there perchance? I just realized I'm going to want another one reasonably soon. Ideally, I think the 5 1/8" size would be the thing for our '68 Newport, but if its in good working order, I can be pretty open minded....

Respectfully,

Gerald

Would you have a TRW powert steering pump around there perchance? I just realized I'm going to want another one reasonably soon. Ideally, I think the 5 1/8" size would be the thing for our '68 Newport, but if its in good working order, I can be pretty open minded....

Respectfully,

Gerald
I'm sure there are a few there. I can check when I'm there next. I wouldn't know if one would would still be in good working order. I think every car there with that pump has been parked for over 35 years. There are some '68 Newports there.

Thanks for inquiring,
Charles

Damn! Maybe this coming spring, I can head up there. I like Wyoming.

Wyoming is nice depending on the weather that a person likes. Today we have snow, 2 days ago was 65°, 2 days before that we had 60 mph wind. Spring time is usually better lol. I have lots of old Mopars to look at though. I might get time this weekend to get to where these cars are & will see what is there for a pump. I've been wanting to post more of the vehicles that are there incase anyone is interested but it hasn't happened yet. I run full throttle most days & some of those days I just burn rubber getting no where.
There is a '68 Newport convertible with the Sports Grain option, it's in pretty good shape. Was really nice when it was put inside a not so great building about 30 years ago. Better than if it was outside but it doesn't have a back window so cats & coons have had their way with the interior. There are two, four door sedans as well. One of them is pretty decent & mostly complete & the other is pretty much a parts car but does still have a lot of good parts. Those two have always been outside.

Wyoming is nice depending on the weather that a person likes. Today we have snow, 2 days ago was 65°, 2 days before that we had 60 mph wind. Spring time is usually better lol. I have lots of old Mopars to look at though. I might get time this weekend to get to where these cars are & will see what is there for a pump. I've been wanting to post more of the vehicles that are there incase anyone is interested but it hasn't happened yet. I run full throttle most days & some of those days I just burn rubber getting no where.
There is a '68 Newport convertible with the Sports Grain option, it's in pretty good shape. Was really nice when it was put inside a not so great building about 30 years ago. Better than if it was outside but it doesn't have a back window so cats & coons have had their way with the interior. There are two, four door sedans as well. One of them is pretty decent & mostly complete & the other is pretty much a parts car but does still have a lot of good parts. Those two have always been outside.

DAMNATION! I sure am getting an itchy foot to take my /6 '83 D150 on a Road Trip north. Can't do it tho man. I've worked in Casper back in Feb 90. It was a little brisk then to be sure. If I had some way to get income, I'd love to live up there....

Arizona USED TO ABOUND in old Mopars, but the flippers, feddies and privateers alike descended on this State like the plague they are and carried off damn near every nut and bolt made pre-1980 from 2017 to now. I suspect maybe Wyoming and neighbors might still have some treasure troves, such as yours.

DAMNATION! I sure am getting an itchy foot to take my /6 '83 D150 on a Road Trip north. Can't do it tho man. I've worked in Casper back in Feb 90. It was a little brisk then to be sure. If I had some way to get income, I'd love to live up there....

Arizona USED TO ABOUND in old Mopars, but the flippers, feddies and privateers alike descended on this State like the plague they are and carried off damn near every nut and bolt made pre-1980 from 2017 to now. I suspect maybe Wyoming and neighbors might still have some treasure troves, such as yours.
Can't remember the last time I've seen a /6 truck newer than a Sweptline. Wouldn't mind one now, it would be a little faster than my M37 & still keep the speeding tickets down a bit. Have paid the man quite a bit over the years with the 440.

Fortunately where these cars are at the do-gooders haven't been much of a problem. Where I live is a different story & I'm always running the line. I have vehicles in three different counties, the third place isn't as close as I'd like but everything there is inside. It's borderline overflowing to the outside though.

Back