NOT MINE 68 Plymouth Sport Fury 4spd

I was going to post that car here yesterday, BUT for some reason I could not post ANYTHING. The same thing happened on FBBO too. I hear it might have been a software issue or somethin along those lines?! Anyway, yes that was the car that was for sale recently posted here….

NOT MINE - 1968 Plymouth Sport Fury 4 speed

And here on Marketplace for $35K….

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/...=rdr_0bPFd61ezQSm6qA7X&refsrc=deprecated&_rdr
The owner is a member here, but I can’t think of his handle. What a NIIICCEEE car, its damn sexy like 75LandYacht said. I hate that he sold it. Interestingly it sold in less time than it did the first time a couple years ago and for about 5K more. Heres the post on it from a couple years ago…. NOT MINE - 1968 Plymouth Sport Fury Fast-top 383HP 4-speed $29k Maryland

Seller did some great underhood work to correct the prior 'restoration' that had it blacked-out GM-style.
And the new WW tires and Cragar SS are a good look also.

But car has no fendertag and a state-issued VIN tag (of a factory VIN#). Car was reportedly stolen and recovered around 1994.
Where did the original VIN plate and FT go? Somebody kept them for souvenirs?

I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm just amazed that it is selling so well with teh FT gone and a non-OEM VIN tag.

Yeah, nobody would know to put those fender braces on unless they were already there.
Even if they were on a donor car-swapover they'd be easy to overlook.
65 cars don't have them, and I believe 66 doesn't either..

Im wondering that too, it… does, make ya wonder. At least we know its a real 4 speed though, by the fender braces. If those were not there I would doubt it to be real.

Yeah, nobody would know to put those fender braces on unless they were already there.
Even if they were on a donor car-swapover they'd be easy to overlook.
65 cars don't have them, and I believe 66 doesn't either..
The inner apron is unique to 4 speeds, the auto aprons don't have the factory welded in nuts for the braces

I saw you mentioned that somewhere else, and that was new information for sure.

But someone could surely drill holes, install factory-type bolts, and put nuts on the underside of the wheelwell.
And that's probably what would happen to one of these cars if the fenderwell needed to be replaced for some reason.

Back