NOT MINE 68 Sport Fury fasttop, red-black, 383 H-code 4-speed $28,900 (ebay)

Yeah, the driverside is 1-2" lower throughout and it has those chromed cricket-tails out back.

The rocket isn't aligned properly on the steering wheel button? Pass. But seriously it looks fantastic and I'd drive it.

"Rare car, late 1990s restoration" I'll bet it's got a ton of Bondo in it.

Where's Steve Magnante and his 'Magic Magnet'?

Is That the correct air cleaner ? I think that is a 69 or newer
Air cleaner is 1970's or later, where the valve cover breather hose goes into the snout should give you a clue as to engine application (truck?) most of the passenger cars it entered into the round body of the air cleaner.

Some time/effort/labor went into this car but just not the right effort and by the black spray bombing of the engine bay I suspect a Cheby Shop with a not long standing Mopar owner paying for the restoration.

Check out the battery ground cable going to the exhaust manifold bolt, that is a serious no no and just the result of someone that is clueless about auto repair or is just a plain hack.

"Rare car, late 1990s restoration" I'll bet it's got a ton of Bondo in it.

Where's Steve Magnante and his 'Magic Magnet'?

I own this car currently. The car was stolen and recovered in the mid 1990s, and I have a complete photo album of the restoration. I can tell you there’s little to no bondo in the car. I went all over this thing with a magnet, and the restoration book shows where bad metal was cut out and replaced - not puttied. I have since corrected a lot of the issues including the incorrect engine bay color. I also didn’t pay anywhere near $30,000 for it. Check out my profile for some recent pictures and videos of the car!

Interesting that it does NOT have power steering.
The underhood is terrible for us purists, but the rest of the car seems really not bad.
They painted the door strikers, which I loathe, and painted 1 door latch but left the other original - why???

But price needs to drop significantly, and one buy with the assumption that it's not an original 4-speed - ergo the asking price should be commensurate with a converted/constructed car in similar condition.
I currently own this car. It all checks out as far as I can verify. I have corrected a lot of issues, including the engine bay nonsense. I purchased the car for significantly less than asking price believe me. The car was stolen and recovered in the mid 1990s, hence the vin plate and fender tag issues. I also have a photo album of the restoration, and it is a very solid car. The restoration photos also prove that this is a factory 4 speed console car.

IMG_8160.jpeg

I currently own this car. It all checks out as far as I can verify. I have corrected a lot of issues, including the engine bay nonsense. I purchased the car for significantly less than asking price believe me. The car was stolen and recovered in the mid 1990s, hence the vin plate and fender tag issues. I also have a photo album of the restoration, and it is a very solid car. The restoration photos also prove that this is a factory 4 speed console car.

View attachment 675262
Looks MUCH better! Rare car and in the right hands!

Air cleaner is 1970's or later, where the valve cover breather hose goes into the snout should give you a clue as to engine application (truck?) most of the passenger cars it entered into the round body of the air cleaner.
FYI - that nipple on the driverside snorkel ID's it as a 71-only air cleaner.

View attachment 675262
Looks like good progress is being made on the beauty, are you going to do any attempt to de-spray the black off the wiring harness?

Back