70 Hemi Challenger

67-Fury

Reaction score
I know E bodys can get to much attention but this one is something else. If you have a few minutes, give this video a watch. Its a really cool story with some historical significance.

I saw that one on display at MCACN in 2018. Cool car and a rich history.

black ghost.jpg

black ghost2.jpg

I know E bodys can get to much attention but this one is something else. If you have a few minutes, give this video a watch. Its a really cool story with some historical significance.

Way too much attention. Meh.

The man is the story. What bothers me is that Velocity channel or whatever twists the narrative into just one more propaganda video perpetuating the myth that the only significant Mopars are the A,B,E Muscle machines.

I grew up in the country where common sense/ pragmatism of the farmers reigned. They all drove larger stripped down sedans (Fury I, Savoy, Fairlanes, Del Ray etc.) to church (you NEVER drove the pickup to church). Plymouth Ford and Chevrolet mostly...few of anything else more upscale. Straight sixes dominated because it was enough to do the job and it was cheap. Power accessories were frowned upon as just something else that could break and it was expensive.

The fist time I saw an Imperial at the bank in town was like seeing a spaceship. It was so different from anything else. All those buttons & switches and chrome. Changed me forever and that became my goal/ dream car.

The kids that were lucky enough to afford a car wound up building/ repairing what was around and helping each other. The muscle car scene was far away and not our reality.

Last edited:
I was there in 2017 and thought what a cool car.
When hearing car stories like this, it make you think how lucky all are with our C's to be part of the Mopar family.

That's a great story. Thank goodness someone got to him before they sanitized it with a restoration, and washed away all the memories with new this and that, and flat straight paint.
The dude went into the dealer and ordered the car the way he wanted, something a lot of us wish we could travel back in time and do.

I'm working on it. I'm working on it.
Need.
More.
Time.
You can't do it now everything except sunroof and back seat entertainment is part of a package.
The other problem is you can't strip a car from the factory. Lucky for us old guys the young kids we ***** about know exactly how to get all that dashboard crap disabled and just run it with a IPad or unlocked phone, throwing that Unconnect in the trash where it belongs. Come on young people we are counting on you before we die.

Aren't any of who like having anything to do with our old cars, A/B/C/E, hell, even the Ford & Chevy people, kinda traveling back in time?
I just missed that era then, but glad I'm living it now.

You can't do it now everything except sunroof and back seat entertainment is part of a package.
The other problem is you can't strip a car from the factory. Lucky for us old guys the young kids we ***** about know exactly how to get all that dashboard crap disabled and just run it with a IPad or unlocked phone, throwing that Unconnect in the trash where it belongs. Come on young people we are counting on you before we die.
You're putting your faith into a generation that when they get a flat tire, they stand by the side of the road and cry like a little girl into their cell phones??

My favorite part was suing chrysler to get the shaker hood on a challenger. He changed history with that move. He knew enough to order this car with all the bells and whistles and had enough restraint to leave the car the hell alone for almost 50 years.

A very cool video with a very very cool car and owner with history and significance too. He knew what boxes to check off the list, thank you very much for sharing!

Cool story! This and Addison's Silver Bullet GTX, MoPars ruled the streets of Detroit. I'm glad they didnt restore it. Every nick and dent is part of the Challengers history.

My story........

My Dad had 3 Mopar wagons. All had 440's except one. I learned how to drive in one them.

My first car was 69 SuperBee I bought in 1971 for $1750. Traded that for a brand new 73 Ralleye Challenger w/340. Right across the street from the Dodge Dealer where I bought both cars was a Plymouth/Chrysler/Imperial dealer with all the giant C/D body cars. I never once was on that lot looking at cars when I was young man......those were old men cars. Little did I know that I would end up an old guy with TWO 1978 Chrysler C-Bodies!!!

Love the story about the man and his car.
I kinda got choked up .
A lot of similarities with Rene's 66 300 family heirloom I had the honor bring back to life..
To this day I still feel The original owners presence every time I git in the car..
whatever 160.jpg

That Challenger is a 2020 Inductee into the National Historic Vehicle Registry by the Historic Vehicle Association. www.historicvehicle.org A GREAT video and story on the car and its owners.

Check it out!
CBODY67

Last edited:
Back