NOT MINE 71 Dodge Monaco 4Dr In AZ $3300 FB Marketplace

1725472453986.jpeg

@Big G -- @70 Sport Suburban has a number of washer bottles. See this recent thread for more info on P/N 3431154 -- maybe @Jeremiah (who also owns a 1971 Monaco sedan!) will tell you what he needed up doing:

@Big G Would it be possible to get a pic of two of the body side moldings? Specifically the broken part that is on the rear of the front passengers fender. Appears to be missing an inch or two and would like to see if the plastic is black or blue.
If the plastic is blue, I think that would be very interesting but I suspect the V5B is a factory mistake Probably was supposed to be V5X, which is black plastic in the molding.

@Big G Would it be possible to get a pic of two of the body side moldings? Specifically the broken part that is on the rear of the front passengers fender. Appears to be missing an inch or two and would like to see if the plastic is black or blue.
If the plastic is blue, I think that would be very interesting but I suspect the V5B is a factory mistake Probably was supposed to be V5X, which is black plastic in the molding.
@cuda hunter it's definitely black

Attachments

• 20240904_193915.jpg
    20240904_193915.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 9

@Big G posted the build sheet in the car and it also shows V5B coded.

1725529176299.png

Last edited:
Very interesting.

So, @polara71 , are you saying that the 71 v5 molding is different than the 70?
@Big G has the car had a repaint at some point? Or is that original paint?
I happened to notice that the broadcast sheet has a B in place also. @ayilar Could this car have actually been born with blue side body moldings and someone changed them to 70 style?

Very interesting. (...) I happened to notice that the broadcast sheet has a B in place also. @ayilar Could this car have actually been born with blue side body moldings and someone changed them to 70 style?
I can't answer that question, but I highly doubt that V5B was "order able" with FE5 paint.

I am traveling with have limited resources at hand, and could not find info on the V5B requirements. But, the Hamtrack Registry has info on colors for the interior/exterior paint combos and for the V7 choices (paint stripes): neither the blue interior nor the V7B (blue) stripes could be ordered with red exterior paint. I would be amazed if V5B could be ordered with FE5.

1725540924262.png

My thoughts as well.
However, with Ma Mopar.....
Two locations of documentation for V5B....

My thoughts as well.
However, with Ma Mopar.....
Two locations of documentation for V5B....
I could see light blue stripes/accents with a black interior and burnt orange / aztec / burgundy paints, especially for an Arizona car. But FE5 red, nope.

@69CoronetRT @fc7_plumcrazy @ceebuddy -- have you seen evidence of "forbidden" rubber strip/paint color combos on some of the numerous cars you have looked at?

Very interesting.

So, @polara71 , are you saying that the 71 v5 molding is different than the 70?
@Big G has the car had a repaint at some point? Or is that original paint?
I happened to notice that the broadcast sheet has a B in place also. @ayilar Could this car have actually been born with blue side body moldings and someone changed them to 70 style?
I am saying that yes.

I could see light blue stripes/accents with a black interior and burnt orange / aztec / burgundy paints, especially for an Arizona car. But FE5 red, nope.

@69CoronetRT @fc7_plumcrazy @ceebuddy -- have you seen evidence of "forbidden" rubber strip/paint color combos on some of the numerous cars you have looked at?

This is where the 71 order guide would come in handy. (Another reason WHY finding and posting factory documents for all to see is important. Keep scouring those swap meets and dealerships going out of business!)

Every year can be different from previous year, but if we look at the 70 Dodge order guide (excerpt below) , any color side molding could be ordered with any exterior color. Meaning, there may not be 'forbidden' combinations.

The blue molding on a red car could have been:

On purpose.
Incorrectly coded on the order sheet thinking the letter B means Black not Blue
Poorly written making an R (red on red) look like a B on the order sheet.

It's hard to know.

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 9.38.05 AM.png

uide would come in handy. (Another reason WHY finding and posting factory documents for all to see is important. Keep scouring those swap meets and dealerships going out of business!)

Every year can be different from previous year, but if we look at the 70 Dodge order guide (excerpt below) , any color side molding could be ordered with any exterior color. Meaning, there may not be 'forbidden' combinations.
Fantastic, that is just the info I wanted to see.

Superman car.
Challengers and Durangos have been made blue with red guts in the hellcat era.
This car was the trendsetter.

Back