For Sale 71 polara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I might have wrote that to make it confusing. Chevy had Chevelles but Pontiac had Beaumonts with Chevy drivetrains as well as Pontiac Lemans and GTO's with Pontiac drivetrains.

Dave

Still seems kinda confusing, and really redundant to offer a chevy chevelle, and pontiac badged chevelle, and a pontiac lemans / gto when all these cars compete in the same segment. .

Still seems kinda confusing, and really redundant to offer a chevy chevelle, and pontiac badged chevelle, and a pontiac lemans / gto when all these cars compete in the same segment. .

You're just brand biased, this was when the Big Three reigned supreme! No different than a Chrysler Newport royal competing against a Dodge Monaca brougham and Plymouth fury III brougham, right? Little known fact, maybe? You could special order a '68 Pontiac Catalina with a 428/4 speed. Goat killer! Regarding the thread starter, it's five hours north of me. If I had room I would drive up with a friend and four balanced wheels/tires, and make a fair offer based on it's actual condition, and drive it home. Given my experiences, that surface rust on the quarters is the worst on the car, must see to confirm. Polara Dave, I know you saw those wide side moldings, starting to think it's a Canadian thing?

Ha, you obviously have been paying attention! No I'm not thinking Canadian only although I must admit that ran through my mind at one point. Unfortunately I don't see enough 71s, let alone fender tags and build sheets to make sense of it.

Damn it , why 'd you plant that seed again :BangHead:

You're just brand biased, this was when the Big Three reigned supreme! No different than a Chrysler Newport royal competing against a Dodge Monaca brougham and Plymouth fury III brougham, right? Little known fact, maybe? You could special order a '68 Pontiac Catalina with a 428/4 speed. Goat killer! Regarding the thread starter, it's five hours north of me. If I had room I would drive up with a friend and four balanced wheels/tires, and make a fair offer based on it's actual condition, and drive it home. Given my experiences, that surface rust on the quarters is the worst on the car, must see to confirm. Polara Dave, I know you saw those wide side moldings, starting to think it's a Canadian thing?
Not biased, just wondering why they would offer a pontiac badged chevelle, alongside a pontiac lemans at the same time is all. Both are same segment cars. In the U.S. they offered a chevy chevelle, and a pontiac lemans. Both GM yes, but from different divisions. Kinda interesting but seems redundant is all. Now if they offered the beaumont as a pontiac, and dressed up the lemans and sold it as a chevelle, then i could understand that.

That's the way it was done back then. A lot of competition from different divisions within the same market.
The C body reference in comparison is the perfect example. I myself was always puzzled as to why they offered models in Canada not available in the US

That's the way it was done back then. A lot of competition from different divisions within the same market.
The C body reference in comparison is the perfect example. I myself was always puzzled as to why they offered models in Canada not available in the US
I guess your right. They offered a dart, and a scamp, then a demon and a duster. Allbasically the same car with different tweaks to the sheetmetal.

I wish we had some of the cool australian stuff here too. A full sized C body ute. I mean seriously, who needs a pickup truck if you have one of those. I had a 73 ranchero gt 351, and later on a 60 el camino. I love car/trucks, but a dodge rampage just dont do it for me.

thats a nice car,hate the wheels,but hey...
this is the part that most interested me...

1970 dodge polara asking $2500 Call or text 780-835-9501 1969, 440 dodge superbee asking $25000 obo. 1969 Chev Chevelle ,Beaumont asking $16000 beautiful condition and hundred more vehicles for sale as well.

anyone been up there yet??
scope out the pics!!

I am not a GM expert but I think it had something to do with the Pontiac Dealers in Canada wanting both the Beaumont and Acadian.
Here the dealers were split Chev/Olds/Chev Trucks or Pontiac/Buick/GMC Trucks...not only did they compete against Mopars and Ford but also against each other, so it was another way to get a sale that otherwise would have been lost.

Dave

Regarding the thread starter, it's five hours north of me. If I had room I would drive up with a friend and four balanced wheels/tires, and make a fair offer based on it's actual condition, and drive it home. Given my experiences, that surface rust on the quarters is the worst on the car, must see to confirm. Polara Dave, I know you saw those wide side moldings, starting to think it's a Canadian thing?

Sounds like a great plan!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back