Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4973778011.html

00t0t_3RldUOnnsqz_600x450.jpg

00u0u_7qqX9Gfj2NI_600x450.jpg

All of the police decals are magnetic. Ten grand is ridiculously priced. Three or four might be more like it. That car hooked to a battery charger is an amazing sales tactic! The nearly-flat tire just makes me want to whoop out a fistfull of hundreds!

Without either a fender tag, build sheet, or documented history of it actually being a cop car, it's just a four-door Plymouth. Even with that, nowhere near that asking price!

It had a vinyl roof so it's bogus.

Not always true. My '70 Washington State Patrol car had a vinyl roof on it when I purchased it approx 12 years ago. Although I later found the build sheet in which it did not have one. But of the five police antennas, four were on the roof on top of the vinyl roof. One of the comments I heard was possibly done for a Supervisor or for the next owner (Police Dept) Also the trim appeared factory as does the pictures of this car. It had the rivet shaped fasteners on top of the metal to accept the moulding clips.

Not always true. My '70 Washington State Patrol car had a vinyl roof on it when I purchased it approx 12 years ago. Although I later found the build sheet in which it did not have one. But of the five police antennas, four were on the roof on top of the vinyl roof. One of the comments I heard was possibly done for a Supervisor or for the next owner (Police Dept) Also the trim appeared factory as does the pictures of this car. It had the rivet shaped fasteners on top of the metal to accept the moulding clips.

The WSP liked to be sneaky and order some of their cars to look more "civi". They special ordered Fury III's fully loaded instead of K code fleet Pursuits. The vinyl top is possible.

It had a vinyl roof so it's bogus.

Keep in mind, the Police cars of that era that had a different color roof still had the vinyl top trim.
Actually all two tone cars did. Just yesterday my friends 1970 340 Cuda took best of show at the Spring Fling Mopar show in van Nuys.
The car is an original two tone car and it has the trim.
2015-04-12_086.jpg

Alan

Last edited:
Right. I think he just wants to see more vintage cop car photos, and I've fallen into the trap. :smilie_help:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back