For Sale '73 Chrysler Newport Police car??? FS WI. Craigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
Contact seller
Unique Police Car

00Q0Q_3sJexso69HD_600x450.jpg

Novelty police car, lights, siren all work, just in time for parade season. 400 4bbl

Unique Police Car

View attachment 192721

Novelty police car, lights, siren all work, just in time for parade season. 400 4bbl

It would appear to be a clone. Spotlights are dummies. Most black and whites did not have black paint on the inner door frames, should be white and door latches should not be painted in any case.. Hubcaps are also wrong for a purpose built cruiser, should be dog dish type. The purpose built cruiser will have a CK prefix, no photos of VIN number and the build tag makes this even more likely to be a clone.

Dave

It would appear to be a clone

I agree, almost certainly a clone and I don't think he's trying to pass it off as a real deal, hense the "NOVELTY" designation. Also I give him kudos for using the correct nomenclature, "Pursuit" but I disagree with a couple of your assumptions.

Hubcaps are also wrong for a purpose built cruiser, should be dog dish type. The purpose built cruiser will have a CK prefix,

WV did use Chrysler's throughout their history and they did not have dog dish hug caps but full wheel covers in 1973 as seen in this pic.

upload_2018-6-19_20-2-25.jpeg

Also, some large State agencies did not use the "Police" "K" vin cars. Pennsylvania special ordered Fury II's that were indeed purpose built as PSP cruisers but were not "PK" but "PL" or "PM" depending on year.

I was aware that Pennsylvania bought specialty built cruisers. They built their vehicles option by option on the order sheet and wound up with a police package that was pretty much a standard cruiser but in the Fury 2 body. PL series. The PM series was police options transferred to the Fury 3. The State of Washington used PM series cruisers at one time.
Most of the PL and PM series cruisers had the T-code engine with A/C and a little more comfortable interior than the standard PK Fury 1 cruisers. These cars retained the high performance exhaust and some of them retained the AVS carbs on the T-Code until 1972 when everything went to Holleys. Also saw tinted glass in the PL and PM cruisers rather than the clear glass on most PK1 units.
The dog dish hubcap was standard on the purpose built PK,DK or Rarely CK cruisers. The full wheel cover was probably standard equipment for the PL or PM bodied cruisers and on the other specialty built units. Some police agencies also specified a" hubcap delete" for their cruisers. One of the many advantages of "Special Order" built vehicles

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back