'73 Gran Fury Rad Support Tag

Turbo301

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone could help me decode my '73 Gran Fury radiator support tag. I know a fair bit about GM's feature/option codes, but nothing about those for Chryslers!

Fury_radiator support plate.JPG

PP43K3F301420

JY9-Tahitian Gold Metallic
Y4- medium gold interior
v1y- gold vinyl top

Sorry, don't have time at the moment to help decode the rest.

Cool car !

The stand alone "C" and the Vehicle Order Number, B12057, starts with a B tells us this car was built for sale in Canada.
The Scheduled Production Date is 724. Is the door sticker still there? That gives us a better handle on then the car was actually built.

The stand alone "C" and the Vehicle Order Number, B12057, starts with a B tells us this car was built for sale in Canada.
The Scheduled Production Date is 724. Is the door sticker still there? That gives us a better handle on then the car was actually built.
It is, I'll take a look when I get home.

The car was originally sold in Nova Scotia (Canada), and was delivered to the original owner on August 17, 1973 (according to the warranty card in the glovebox).

Chrysler was using Data Plates well before GM started using the SPID labels. Only thing is that GM SPID labels were the equivalent of a Build Sheet for their cars. With some additional information added as they progressed into the 1990s. In more current times, unfortunately, the GM SPID labels are now hidden behind a QR code, BUT the available information in the GM Parts database has expanded exponentially!

The format of the Data Plate is in the Information section of the Chrysler Parts Manual. In the Sales and Order Guides, in the "Library" section of www.hamtramck-historical.com, you can find the complete set of option codes (for ordering vehicles) and explanations there. Just an explanation of the stampings related to major options and equipment. Find the parts manual at www.mymopar.com. Should that particular model year not be in their list, go back one model year to that parts manual, as the format did not change year-to-year.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back