73 T&C Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

theos911

Reaction score
Contact seller
This one has potential. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251363264196?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

$(KGrHqV,!lEFJGIJ4TbvBSVyRrpeQQ~~60_57.JPG

This car has been stored in a barn in Arizona since 1985. It has 29,027 original miles. Still has the original tires and literally every single chevron gas and service receipt since the car was brand new. 1 owner car. This is a very rare 9 passenger model 1973 Town and country with the 4 barrel 440. The engine ran flawless and has been recently removed. I have videos of it running before taken out for rebuild if anyone wants me to email it to them. It now has a new complete gasket set, new water pump, wires, plugs, heads and cylinders cleaned, carb kit, oil pickup etc.. Complete rebuild. The engine is now painted and completely bone stock. The seats are in great condition other then a tear on the front. It has a telescopic steering wheel, rear AC. It is original paint of course. Mopar fans are taking these old wagons and restoring them to pull there cudas, challengers, chargers etc.. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call on my cell (858) 405-7939 Gary

The guy said mopar people are pulling their cuda's, chargers's and challenger's along in these. Nice change from pulling the motors out to put IN those cudas, chargers and challengers.

When I saw that stuff I was surprised to find that the rebuilt 440 made its way back into the wagon.

The motor is not in the car. It doesn't look terrible but this wagon needs a considerable amount of work and a complete paint job.

You might be right. We see the engine out, but I don't know why he would talk so much about the engine if it is not included or suggest using it as a tow vehicle if it isn't in there.

In the picture the engine is not even assembled. I believe the pictures of the wagon were taken prior to the "recent" engine removal statement in the ad.

That's the first question I'd ask, "is the engine in the car?" It's like other ads I see where they show a bare interior and a complete interior but don't say which is the current condition. Worse still, the "that's not my car but my car could look like that if you fixed it up" ads.

I would be interested to know why he took the motor out in the first place.

Um, er...perhaps it wasn't "flawless" enough?? Maybe a slight lifter tick at low speed bugging him?

That wagon was on the Tucson craigslist at $1500 for a couple months earlier in the year. Complete and untouched. Took a while to sell even at that price. Turns out the guy (previous owner to this seller) had more cars....I picked up a '71 300 2dr U-code from him last March.
Sadly the man who had picked up all these cars in the 70s had passed, and they were selling the last of his estate.

So, the current owner got this via estate sale?
No. A friend of the family (also a Mopar guy) was helping the family sell off the last of the assets. Not really an Estate sale (auction). He was selling them piece by piece or there was a discount if you bought multiples. When I went there he had 3 C-bodies in a row, 1970 300 convertible, .70 300 2dr hdtp, and the '71 300 2dr hdtp I bought. I'm still kicking myself for not buying the '70 2dr hdtp as well. But it's 600 miles each way for me.

All of them were U-code cars and LOADED (both hdtps are console cars as well). The convertible was posted on the Phoenix and Tucsion craigslist several times at $4500. I think it may even have been discussed here. They were rough from sun damage and weathering, but were rust-free.

I would be interested to know why he took the motor out in the first place.

Based on what the owner said they did to the engine, it appears it was removed so they could replace all the gaskets, seals, etc. Any vehicle that has sat and not run for 38 years would pretty much require a complete tear-down of the engine. . . And the transmission too, for that matter.

Last edited:
He'll have to put it back together and get it running to get any money out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back