Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301020574557

dr1.jpg

engine1.jpg

78 Dodge Diplomat wagon that was featured in the February '91 issue of Mopar Action magazine.This car has a 440 6-pack setup that originally came out of a '69 Super Bee, a torqueflite automatic trans, and a 3.55 limited slip 8-3/4 rear.
The install is very professionally done and it looks like it came from the factory.
The car is loaded with features such as A/C, power windows, power locks, and many upgrades have been done including an MSD ignition, full dual exhaust, rear disc brakes, and custom built fuel cell.
Practically brand new tires are mounted on American Racing wheels. Fronts are 245/45/R17 Kumho Ecsta's and the rears are 255/45/R17.
The car is super clean inside and out and the body lines are perfect. Lots of detailed photos are shown below.
Call Pat during normal daytime hours (EST) for more information: 570-253-3600.

I remember reading about that car. Nice conversion, but IIRC, it was a little tight in the engine compartment.

12k miles??? That tells me it isn't a pleasant car to drive.

Nice........but I would of found a Coronet or a Satellite to put the drivetrain in.

We have seen this at Carlisle before........

The troubling part is the bid went to fifteen one. The 73 Polara 440 survivor went at eleven two......Th Polara is twice the car

We have seen this at Carlisle before........

The troubling part is the bid went to fifteen one. The 73 Polara 440 survivor went at eleven two......Th Polara is twice the car

I agree.......like the Polara 10 times more.

First off the engine should have been offered up to the m-code car owners for the date code alone considering the real cars were only made in 2 batches. If its not a original then who cares about that, but still would be better placed in any car than a dippy, to each his own.

What are people talking about. This guy sprayed black paint right over the rusted parts of his suspension. Just look at that one picture here you can see the outline of the paint and rust. Maybe surface but still cutting corners like this is unacceptable especially when it looks like you are hiding something.

First off the engine should have been offered up to the m-code car owners for the date code alone considering the real cars were only made in 2 batches. If its not a original then who cares about that, but still would be better placed in any car than a dippy, to each his own.

I totally agree.......to each his own.....but everything changes when you have to sell it. Even though it's rare you'll more than likely take a bath on recovering your investment.

We had a guy on here a couple years ago trying to sell a 1960's something Mopar with a 440 6-pack in it. Hard luck story (as usual) desperate and had to get his money back out of it and wanted $25k-$35k. I don't know what happened to him but I'm sure he didn't sell it for anything near his asking price.

I would have no problem driving that...after I got rid of the ridiculous tire/ rim combination. Asking price is as if it was a factory 440 + 6 car, there's the flaw.

Another flaw is that I have yet to see a dual exhaust installed properly on one of those. That damn gas tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back