Not open for further replies.

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
3C5310BF-33D8-47CE-AC00-E4F4366549FE.jpeg
2B2F1F34-AD2E-4EB3-81AB-216F00E2B506.jpeg
From a 64 , but works on 65 & 66 also. $50 plus shipping

'64-'64 1/2 would have technically been a Valiant Barracuda, no?
No.

The Valiant was a separate marque in 1960. It became a Plymouth in 1961. I believe it may have been exported as its own brand later than that, but for the US, it was only the first Valiants.

The early Barracudas do have a few Valiant bits and pieces. For example, my '65 has a radio marked "Valiant" and there is a Valiant type "V" insignia on the rear window chrome and the steering wheel center.

No.

The Valiant was a separate marque in 1960. It became a Plymouth in 1961. I believe it may have been exported as its own brand later than that, but for the US, it was only the first Valiants.

The early Barracudas do have a few Valiant bits and pieces. For example, my '65 has a radio marked "Valiant" and there is a Valiant type "V" insignia on the rear window chrome and the steering wheel center.

The Plymouth was implied. My wife's 64 1/4 Barracuda was titled and registered as a Plymouth Valiant Barracuda.

Dunno. Don't care honestly.

All I know is I've had this argument with her and her father to know, in 64-65, it wasn't just a Barracuda. No, it was a Valiant Barracuda.

The Plymouth was implied. My wife's 64 1/4 Barracuda was titled and registered as a Plymouth Valiant Barracuda.
My car is registered as a 1965 Plynouth Barracuda.

Yes, it says "Plynouth" on the registration. The guy typing at the NYS DMV was having a bad day when I registered it.

i own a 65 barracuda. the letters on the trunk are Plymouth. its a U S model. the Canadian models had valiant on the trunk. the dashes are also different. so a plymouth valiant/ barracuda is probably correct.

And all of you missed that I called it a Cuda. I usually get beat up when I call one of my early A body Barracudas a Cuda. Yep I’ve been told they where originally referred to & advertised as a “Valiant “ Barracuda. I’ve had people send me proof. Links to YouTube videos of old advertising etc. IDK , most people just call em Barracudas. I have old pics of drag racing versions where just Cuda was painted on the side.

it serves two purposes. one is to hold up the back seat and the most important one . my girlfriend wraps her toes around it at the drive in . it keeps her from being pushed into the trunk area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back