A photo of a forward looker and her feathered friend

sb61fury

Reaction score
This is a photo of Newcleus ( the cockatiel ) and myself. Newcleus loved to ride in the car with me on my shoulder. This photo was taken back in 1996 . He died in front of me back in November of 1997. I took him with me almost every were I went this little guy was my best friend and I still miss him.
When I asked him if he wanted to go he would hop on my hand walk up to my shoulder and we were out the door. I was very upset when I lost him

Steph and NEWCLEUS.jpg

Makes me want one! nice story, it's obvious how much he meant to you.

My best friend had one for many years, Han Solo. That's cool yours went for car rides!

This is a photo of Newcleus ( the cockatiel ) and myself. Newcleus loved to ride in the car with me on my shoulder. This photo was taken back in 1996 . He died in front of me back in November of 1997. I took him with me almost every were I went this little guy was my best friend and I still miss him.
When I asked him if he wanted to go he would hop on my hand walk up to my shoulder and we were out the door. I was very upset when I lost him
Different critter, but I found my cat, Astoria I ferndale WA in 2000. She was a barn cat who was abandoned by her mother when she was no bigger than a baby rat. She's traveled with me from WA to Vancouver BC to Montreal and back down to CT on my shoulder... she's 17 now and slowing down... that's gonna be a rough day.
I've lost a few and it never gets easier.. great memories of all of them though.

Ex wife used to have a cockatiel, it made more than one cross country trip with us and when she was driving the damn thing was almost always perched on the steering wheel.

I take it some clean up was involved? And you were the cleaner?
Oh yes they do not care were they go . I remember some kids picking on him and pulling his tail feathers at a high school foot ball game I told them flat out if he bites you and it draws blood this will not be my problem

Back