Am I seeing this right? 64-74 spark plug wire grommet set for over $9k ?

MoPar~Man

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I stumbled onto this:

64-74 spark plug wire grommet MOPAR 383 440 318 426 330 gtx dodge coronet cuda

Quantity: Last one, 66 sold

US $9,930.50

Is there something wrong with my broswer?

Want another krazy price?

1969 TRANS AM FACTORY INSTALLED HOOD RAM AIR

$20k

Go down to the bottom of that page, then three notches to the right, and get the pair of the same thing for less than $5.00/pair.

I was in a coma for 2 weeks and when I came to I ordered these as I was rather confused. Now the seller will not let me return these as I installed
them with a hammer and they are damaged.... please help.

now you just need that $ 1018 can of VHT126 to get just the right amount of overspray on it....

I stumbled onto this:

64-74 spark plug wire grommet MOPAR 383 440 318 426 330 gtx dodge coronet cuda

Quantity: Last one, 66 sold

US $9,930.50

Is there something wrong with my broswer?

Want another krazy price?

1969 TRANS AM FACTORY INSTALLED HOOD RAM AIR

$20k
:lol: and 64-74. :rofl::rofl:

Ebay and online stores sometimes put outrageous prices on things they have zero stock of. Not sure why but it's a thing.

Many on the reproductions do not work, they will not stay in the valve cover or stay on the plug wire.
Some time back I got a set from this vendor (at a real rate) as the listing stated they were "correct" and they were.
Needing some more I contacted them about the price to see if it was an error, they said they are having issues getting more made and this is just a place holder.

Why not just pull the listing?

Alan

It might be an administrative/bookkeeping reason to keep the listing live but at an unsellable price.

Jesus christ that hood is peak scalper.
1727062335040.png

I get the feeling this guy is never going to budge on the price because he KNOWS WHAT HE'S GOT and then just before he croaks he finds out that his kid(s) sold it for half of what he told his wife he bought it for.

View attachment 683313
I get the feeling this guy is never going to budge on the price because he KNOWS WHAT HE'S GOT and then just before he croaks he finds out that his kid(s) sold it for half of what he told his wife he bought it for.
By that time, too, the vast majority of those cars have been restored/cloned so no need for OEM expensive parts as everybody's been buying the repro stuff for years. Which also fixed all of the ills of those earlier OEM hoods, too. Markets change . . .

View attachment 683313
I had to look that one up. $20K does sound a little steep.. The rest of his stuff isn't cheap either. I don't see any high dollar items in his "sold" listings though.

I have to say that I kind of agree with him. Pay the price or move on.

Don't get me wrong, he's completely entitled to whatever price he wants. But while there may be someone, somewhere out there, willing to pay that much for that part in that condition, he can't really get mad if he ends up having to sell it for not even a fraction of his current asking price.

Back