Another Dark Green 70 Polara, But a Nice One Again..................

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is attending the Hershey Show today and sent me this photo as one of the C bodies that he knows I do like. These cars are still out there but they are very hard to find but the recent ones all seem to be dark green ! ?

1728598182522.png

Last edited:
A very nice looking car that would look even better with the hood and truck shut. At cruise nights if someone wants to look under the hood I'm happy to accommodate them.

A very nice looking car that would look even better with the hood and truck shut. At cruise nights if someone wants to look under the hood I'm happy to accommodate them.

From the for sale information on the window I don't think the seller is worried about posing for pictures.

This is a great looking 1970 Polara. Looks like an EF8 triple pickle. The phone number is there is anyone is interested -- I would be if I were looking for a 1970 hardtop (but I am not, as the 1970 'verts are my preference).

dark green
I worked at a dodge dealership in the late 60's/70's. The joke was Ma Mopar bought tankers of that green from Army surplus...
Seemed like 7 out of 10 cars were that color that showed up on our lot.
I just picked up a 72 Dart,you guessed it, triple green.

I worked at a dodge dealership in the late 60's/70's. The joke was Ma Mopar bought tankers of that green from Army surplus...
Seemed like 7 out of 10 cars were that color that showed up on our lot.
I just picked up a 72 Dart,you guessed it, triple green.

There were 3 Darts in the neighborhood when I was growing up - a '66, '72, & a '73. The two 70s ones were dumpster green, one being a triple pickle.

So much green hate :eek:. It's such an uncommon colour on new cars, and certainly no green interiors are available (except for Kia, god bless 'em), so I say bring on the "pickles" in the classic car world :).

There were 3 Darts in the neighborhood when I was growing up - a '66, '72, & a '73. The two 70s ones were dumpster green, one being a triple pickle.
I recently passed on a triple pickle and it weighed on my alot. One owner car. Of course to help me get over in true tramp fashion I have since drug home two more C's and one is you guessed it a triple pickle....
It's going to be single pickle if I can figure out what goes with a green interior... I don't even care just color that can go with green iff it's even possible.. I think they were triple for a reason....

So much green hate :eek:. It's such an uncommon colour on new cars, and certainly no green interiors are available (except for Kia, god bless 'em), so I say bring on the "pickles" in the classic car world :).
It's not hate it's wonderment.. I have been waiting for an explanation since I was 9...
We had the green fridge, stove, dishwasher, phone and I had green shag in my room.
Green dishes..
I'm not sure if it was a hangover from 10 years of "experimenting" kind of a long time to experiment in my mind but to each their own. It's just a lot of green..

It's not hate it's wonderment.. I have been waiting for an explanation since I was 9...
We had the green fridge, stove, dishwasher, phone and I had green shag in my room.
Green dishes..
I'm not sure if it was a hangover from 10 years of "experimenting" kind of a long time to experiment in my mind but to each their own. It's just a lot of green..

Not just a green but a drab green... low chroma. Same with the brown tones, butterscotch colors, etc....

A reflection of the melancholy mood of the times.

Back