Anybody else park way the heck out there and walk a mile to door?

I see a lot of different parking strategies when I go into stores, it seems like 1 out 10 times when a nice car parked all by itself to prevent damage some jerk will park right close to it. My truck can't be hurt, the wife's Vue I am more careful with.

More than protecting the car, i figure i can walk just fine and parking in the boonies makes for an easier departure.
My favorite parking lot story occured in a Meijers lot. I'm driving down the aisle and a woman comes out of the store. Crosses the driveway without looking cause her face is buried in her cell phone texting. She proceeds right down the center of the aisle towards me. Still hasn't looked up. I tell my self, "this is gonna be good". Put the car in park and wait. No s#*t, she walks right into the front of my Grand Cherokee and gives me a dirty look. Totally clueless. I have no use for these distracted drivers anymore after another woman ran ared light and t-boned my 300s.

Man, am I glad I don't have those idiots near me! I have other ones though. But I still park the Polara just like it's any other car/truck I've ever owned. I think the patina keeps people from getting to close! They probably think "with a car like that, I bet he'd hit my car with his door and not even care", well that's what I like to think! I've never had a problem in the old beast, I think others are more afraid of me doing something to their car, so I'm safe.

@DocMcNeedy, I moved out of the Twin Cities in 2001, I go back, but I don't miss the traffic. It takes me 5 minutes to adjust when I come up 169 and get to the river. I forget how dumb they are up there.

My favorite parking lot story occured in a Meijers lot. I'm driving down the aisle and a woman comes out of the store. Crosses the driveway without looking cause her face is buried in her cell phone texting. She proceeds right down the center of the aisle towards me. Still hasn't looked up. I tell my self, "this is gonna be good". Put the car in park and wait. No s#*t, she walks right into the front of my Grand Cherokee and gives me a dirty look. Totally clueless. I have no use for these distracted drivers anymore after another woman ran ared light and t-boned my 300s.

Sounds like the same person that's pushing their cart in the grocery store and acting like deer in head lights and totally oblivious to everything else. Those F-er's are everywhere!

Ahh... the parking lot follies.

I had a Impala company car that I swear was a magnet for door dings and dents. I've never had a car that was always getting scratched or something like that one. One time, I was on the NYS Thruway, headed home from a job, and stopped at a rest stop just east of Buffalo. I was in the back of the lot. A car stopped a couple spaces down from me and a guy got out, walked over to the back of my car, lit a cigarette and tossed his lighter and cigarettes on the trunk of the car. He then started to hop up.... as I was exiting the car. I just looked at him and said "WTF" and he grabbed his stuff and apologized with a heavy accent and ran off.

Another time... Rest stop on Rt17 just east of Binghamton with my 300. As I was coming out of the rest room, there was a couple going over to look at my car. No big deal... The girl wanted a pic of her with the car and her boyfriend took one of her standing next to it... By this time I was almost to the car... Then I saw she had one *** cheek up to sit on the fender and I yelled at her... Scared the crap out of her and I really expected some noise from her boyfriend about it, but he never said a word. They ran off.

i see a lack of respected and more selfishness on the rise , everyday . i have found a '' me first attitude , screw you'' is swarming around the new immigrants manly . a ''i just don't care'' that is every were . is flogging still a bad thing ? public displays of punishment should be brought back . so everyone can see the resolts of these attitudes . to many people just close their eyes to it . i've been walking from my parking spots for years and it is get to the point of not wanting to be around them . walked into dinner . were no one spoke english , even the servers . seems to me like their not willing to assimilate do the standards of the ways of the united states of america .

walked into dinner . were no one spoke english , even the servers . seems to me like their not willing to assimilate do the standards of the ways of the united states of america .

Look at where you live, that's 99.9% of the problem right there! GTFO of Ca. while you still can!

ya , but their going everywhere . california's just the beginning of their foot hold . thanks for the advise , i know you did . but fleeing won't stop this , they will just follow . we can't close an eye to this . maybe trump will start the drafting of service men 18-25 again . should be plenty of inductees by now . they'll blend right in the desert war fair . so go to collage or war , thats the way it was here .

Even when I
20170914_082049-1.jpg
drop her off ( this morning) for a couple days of work at shop...she's parked by herself.

just park near the exit of the store. no one else does.
i can't figure out for the life of me why everyone seems to fight for a spot near the entrance. you go in empty handed and come out with arm loads. wouldn't you want to park near the exit? :realcrazy:

not all. the local lowes home improvement store is what came to mind. go in empty handed and push carts full of plywood and 2x4s 3 miles across the parking lot.

not all. the local lowes home improvement store is what came to mind. go in empty handed and push carts full of plywood and 2x4s 3 miles across the parking lot.
I always go for the pro counter anyhow... why in the world would I ever want to "self checkout" is beyond me... Sam's or Costco... worth a little walk, but they often have lots of space close to the tire centers... Grocery shopping lost all appeal after they removed the ashtrays from the isles, the parking lot is just an extension of the stupidity inside.

You want to talk about parking lot damage to rare vehicles?

OK. I win.

View attachment 143093
Yep, you win...:realcrazy::wtf:

Grocery shopping lost all appeal after they removed the ashtrays from the isles
That one I don't remember, must've been before my time. I do remember smoking on planes, maybe that was just international. How about parking at the airport? That is a true test of one's patience!

Airport parking! I'll bite!
If i can't catch a ride on the co. plane at Eagle Aviation,
I park in the big deck at DTW and walk into terminal. I will not use the off-site lots with their dusty lots and crappy shuttle buses anymore. As much as i travel i got pissed off being the last guy off the shuttle regardless where or when i parked my car. Just excrutiating cruising up and down the aisle because a couple coming back from Disney can't pick their silver GM suv out of the 1,000 identical silver GM suvs on the lot..

I parallel park on the road.
OK in NA maybe but not in Europe.

My year old DD Ram is always parked out in the boonies but it still incurred it's first door ding in July. Aside from flying gravel the only parking lot incident with one of my old cars was a light standard that sneaked up on me from behind. Fortunately it hit the bumper guard and no damage.

OK in NA maybe but not in Europe.

My year old DD Ram is always parked out in the boonies but it still incurred it's first door ding in July. Aside from flying gravel the only parking lot incident with one of my old cars was a light standard that sneaked up on me from behind. Fortunately it hit the bumper guard and no damage.

I once swung my 79 Le Sabre into a spot perfectly, 2 turns into it, pull forward and straighten out the wheels. Same cars in front and behind when I leave, 78 adjustments later I finally got out!

That one I don't remember, must've been before my time. I do remember smoking on planes, maybe that was just international. How about parking at the airport? That is a true test of one's patience!
Airport parking! I'll bite!
If i can't catch a ride on the co. plane at Eagle Aviation,
I park in the big deck at DTW and walk into terminal. I will not use the off-site lots with their dusty lots and crappy shuttle buses anymore. As much as i travel i got pissed off being the last guy off the shuttle regardless where or when i parked my car. Just excrutiating cruising up and down the aisle because a couple coming back from Disney can't pick their silver GM suv out of the 1,000 identical silver GM suvs on the lot..
My bus and now the the parts car's parts car are kept in a offsite parking lot by MCO. Close to home, cheaper than anywhere else here, 24 hours access and the shuttle drivers provide great security as they are always after anyone who drives in there trying to provide "tip worthy" service. The place also rents MB Sprinter passenger vans, so one of the shuttle driver has told me he likes to bring a load of folks who have just flown in up to my bus and tell them "Here you go, your rental is ready..."
pc180033-jpg.jpg

Back