Anyone knows what causes this on BFGs?

Thank you! And very interesting, you can see the difference in the rubber in that Pic too! Yeah I actually have used the Bleach white before... even stripped the paint of the rims :wtf:
Never had that problem... and I've used it for many years.

Well I spoke to our Michelin Mining haul truck rep about this. He says UV destroys them because of the compound they use. They sell em to death so why change. He also said if you run into an issue like this just bring the car in and complain that it "won't hold air". He said that's the magic words to get a no hassle replacement. He said the more specific you are the more uphill you wind up fighting for free replacement.

Me: Refund please.
Wal-Mart (Or the retailer of your choosing): Why?
Me: Defective. End of story!

I bought mine from coker and they did replace the rears for me the fronts did not do it and they told me that at the factory they had a problem during the months of when my tires were made and they replaced them with no problem . I bought them down in Carlisle at the show
here is the one they replaced
rear tire.jpg

The set on our Gremlin does it all the time. As for sidewall cracking, I owned the set on the Newport for 12 years; not a crack to be seen when I sold them and the wheels.

I've seen lots of Michelin X tires that weather-cracked on the sidewalls.

The "brown" T/As used to be somewhat common, sometimes. I think it tended to depend upon where the car usually slept. Tires have two different compounds. One is the base carcass (as the sidewall area) and the tread area. It's been the tread area that usually discolors on the T/As I've seen/had. No issues with durability as I usually got about 70K + miles from them on my '77 Camaro. Just a part of owning those tires, I suspect.

CBODY67

I cleaned the sidewalls up and then used a tire conditioner and it seems to do the trick. I have to repeat this a couple more times but they are starting to look better now!

Back