Anyone who is restoring a '71 Sport Fury GT please post in this thread

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
These cars are rare, finding parts for them is difficult and there are a lot of things that need to be done correctly. Therefore, I though it may be beneficial to have a thread of those folks who are restoring one or that have restored one to post here and be available to share information and communicate about getting certain hard to find things like the stripes made with a group buy discount. Also, some of us may have spare parts that can help someone out and some of us are knowledgeable about certain aspects of these cars so post here and post questions etc. and let's try to help each other out.

Bill

As a relatively new member to this board I really appreciate the links to the threads provided.

I hope others who are working on a 71 SFGT will post and share etc.

As a relatively new member to this board I really appreciate the links to the threads provided.

I hope others who are working on a 71 SFGT will post and share etc.
I knew diddly about SFGT's. Then The Critter bought one. Following his ocd driven resto was like getting a PhD on them.

if someone needs the decal package they need only ask...still have the program .....

Siding with Commando1 on this: Critter's thread (well actually his threads.. search "critter's other mistress") not only inspired and informed me on Furys of this era but CONVERTED me. Worth looking at about a thousand times over.

k fellas...calls made..you both lucked out...hes retiring this month but will do them...am getting program put to disk so l have for future needs...worst case scenario Paul still has all the templates we made for my GT....need info fellas...reflective non reflective? and colors you 2 want to see if he still has in stock...
Give me a couple days and will put you in touch with Brian directly ...these will be coming from California...cheers

These cars are rare, finding parts for them is difficult and there are a lot of things that need to be done correctly. Therefore, I though it may be beneficial to have a thread of those folks who are restoring one or that have restored one to post here and be available to share information and communicate about getting certain hard to find things like the stripes made with a group buy discount. Also, some of us may have spare parts that can help someone out and some of us are knowledgeable about certain aspects of these cars so post here and post questions etc. and let's try to help each other out.

Bill

Bill, you've got me curious, do you have another GT that we don't know about?

Mine is basically restored but a lot of it has been left original too, so if you want any info on those parts of the car that are factory still, let me know, this is basically the entire interior and paintwork, stripes.

Bill

I don't know if any of ya'll saw it, but I was watching an episode of FantomWorks this morning on the Velocity Channel, and saw that they were working on a sublime green '71 Sport Fury. The car had the usual issues a car has from amateur repair work (botched up rear axle seals/bearings and incorrectly installed suspension pieces, etc.). The car had a six-pack on it, and one of the mechanics, who was trying to get the carburetors adjusted, described it as a "one of one 383 car." I'm pretty sure the car is a 440 car, and there were never any 383 six-pack cars available from the factory. Regardless of this BIG error, I thought it was cool to see these guys working on a C-Body.

I don't know if any of ya'll saw it, but I was watching an episode of FantomWorks this morning on the Velocity Channel, and saw that they were working on a sublime green '71 Sport Fury. The car had the usual issues a car has from amateur repair work (botched up rear axle seals/bearings and incorrectly installed suspension pieces, etc.). The car had a six-pack on it, and one of the mechanics, who was trying to get the carburetors adjusted, described it as a "one of one 383 car." I'm pretty sure the car is a 440 car, and there were never any 383 six-pack cars available from the factory. Regardless of this BIG error, I thought it was cool to see these guys working on a C-Body.
Green?? Better check the colour setting on your tv. It's a yellow car

1971 Plymouth Fury

Plate says "Curious 71"

upload_2017-8-2_15-6-38.jpeg

upload_2017-8-2_15-5-33.jpeg

i will take a black set of 71 GT stripes also.. possibly 2 sets price depending!

i will take a black set of 71 GT stripes also.. possibly 2 sets price depending!

working on getting the decal package set up...it will get done!
..is just a matter of sortin out whos gona do it...once its set will post info for those in need...should be in place in week or two and proceeding...

Back