As Seen on TV...

I think Vanishing Point was Mopar as well.
Marc Worman just posted up a episode about the Vanishing Point Challenger, I don't know if it's a repeat/old episode as all I saw was the thumbnail for it after jump watching through the clickbait Ft. Myers hurricane Dodge Daytona (that he didn't restore, that was the black winged one he did).
I had about enough of him, but the hurricane Daytona episode is a reveling watch as he explains his life and his father committing suicide. He was kind of bashing the owner (his customer) of the Daytona and he got rightly roasted in the comments.

1968 Plymouth Fury Custom Suburban in 1970 Zabriskie Point Movie

1968 Plymouth Fury Custom Suburban in 1970 Zabriskie Point Movie.jpg

Looks like a Fuselage Imp on the new Carmax Beetlejuice commercial. I hope it doesn’t get derbied…
IMG_7371.png

Another car chase compilation on YouTube, I forget which movie this one was but it was a oldie 60's one.
The video commentator said some of these movies crashed up 100's of cars and with Smokey & Bandit numerous Pontiac Tempests were ruined, plus many FireBirds as GM gave them as many as they wanted but it was a good investment as FireBird sales soared after the movie was released.
Also the all time #1 car chase flick French Connection, the producer didn't pull permits for much of the big chase scene and the majority of the takes were done in live NYC traffic. Just another day driving in the big city most would of thought back then.

Mopar.Movie.Chase.Scene.Shot.jpg

Another car chase compilation on YouTube, I forget which movie this one was but it was a oldie 60's one.
The video commentator said some of these movies crashed up 100's of cars and with Smokey & Bandit numerous Pontiac Tempests were ruined, plus many FireBirds as GM gave them as many as they wanted but it was a good investment as FireBird sales soared after the movie was released.
Also the all time #1 car chase flick French Connection, the producer didn't pull permits for much of the big chase scene and the majority of the takes were done in live NYC traffic. Just another day driving in the big city most would of thought back then.

View attachment 686819

IIRC this is from a John Wayne movie called "Mc Q" This chase starts around the 3:20 mark.

Back