WANTED B engine shortblock

Status
Not open for further replies.

'69FuryIIIConvertible

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a 383, or 400 shortblock for my 69 Sport Fury. Just want to be able to get it running while I rebuild the matching numbers block.

Ideally looking for a running engine or just a good known shortblock, will even consider buying a complete parts car.

I'm located in south central Ontario Canada, but I've got a passport and I'm not afraid of hopping in my Ram and travelling.

Nick

FB_IMG_1567307728903.jpg

If you can't find anything closer hollar at me, Nick...
You were at my house in June when you went to Volo..
So you have an idea how far... Have a 400 w/ trans...

On a plus note you would get to see what all the kidz in this
'hood are up to... Wyatts close, Tim is right down the street...

got a 400 n trans from a 72 fury . also have a 440 n trans from a motor home . both these combos had been transplants in c bodies , right pans , ect...

DSC01453.JPG

DSC01454.JPG

the 440 n trans was in a fury like yours , i even got some nos chromed fender extensions , was a spring option a think .

If you can't find anything closer hollar at me, Nick...
You were at my house in June when you went to Volo..
So you have an idea how far... Have a 400 w/ trans...

On a plus note you would get to see what all the kidz in this
'hood are up to... Wyatts close, Tim is right down the street...
JUST COME TO ILLINOIS AND GET YOUR PARTS!

A friend of mine has a 383 shortblock he wants to sell. Some assembly required. It was running, but (to make a long story short) the nose snapped off the camshaft. The engine was at idle-speed at the time. Bent valves but the marks on the pistons shouldn't be too bad. Will need cam and lifter set. Located in upper Hamilton.

A friend of mine has a 383 shortblock he wants to sell. Some assembly required. It was running, but (to make a long story short) the nose snapped off the camshaft. The engine was at idle-speed at the time. Bent valves but the marks on the pistons shouldn't be too bad. Will need cam and lifter set. Located in upper Hamilton.
Give me a shout Mike, you're on my Facebook, so if it's easier to connect us that way we can. I don't mind having to do the usual (timing set, gaskets, cam) just trying not to have to machine two blocks and two cranks and put bearings in both if I can help it.

its a trip for sure , but you've been offered up a package much closer to you , and it sounded like you have been there . if it don't work out . come on over to the sunny side of living .

Looking for a 383, or 400 shortblock for my 69 Sport Fury. Just want to be able to get it running while I rebuild the matching numbers block.

Ideally looking for a running engine or just a good known shortblock, will even consider buying a complete parts car.

I'm located in south central Ontario Canada, but I've got a passport and I'm not afraid of hopping in my Ram and travelling.

Nick

View attachment 330808

Got a complete '74 400 on a stand, no carb, otherwise complete. In OKC, OK in my shop. If the Illinois deal goes south, come get mine. Stand not included. Holler if you are interested, Nick.

I'd happily grab that 400 if you weren't all the way out in sunny CA.

Nick: I have a complete '66 dated 383 sitting on an engine stand in my garage in Frederick, MD. It was in my '66 300 conv before I replaced it with a correct rebuilt 440. The engine ran well and had good compression. It needs a starter, carburetor, alternator brackets and front pulley, etc. I'll make you a good deal on it. Not sure how to get it to you, but maybe - if you don't need it right away - you could pick it up at Carlisle next July. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back