Back door wont unlock.

ajk1990

Reaction score
Hey there,

I got a 68 monaco wagon and back driver side door won't unlock. The door is shut and I am kinda lost here.
Any tips or tricks would be appreciated!

Hey there,

I got a 68 monaco wagon and back driver side door won't unlock. The door is shut and I am kinda lost here.
Any tips or tricks would be appreciated!
It won’t unlock or it won’t open?

Roll down the window and have someone hold the inside door handle open while you lay on the back seat and carefully kick the inside of the door with both feet. If it opens by doing this, check the latch and adjust if necessary and lubricate the door latch. It might be a good idea to pull off the interior door panel. Once you get the door open and make sure that everything inside the door is working properly. Good luck.

It won’t unlock or it won’t open?

Roll down the window and have someone hold the inside door handle open while you lay on the back seat and carefully kick the inside of the door with both feet. If it opens by doing this, check the latch and adjust if necessary and lubricate the door latch. It might be a good idea to pull off the interior door panel. Once you get the door open and make sure that everything inside the door is working properly. Good luck.
It won't unlock or open. So that's why I am kinda stuck.
Thanks for the advice

If you can get the door card off as well as the vapor barrier it should become evident what the problem is. Might be tricky with door stuck closed though . . . I'd start with that if it were me.

Back