Barn find 1969 Chrysler Newport Convertible Woody.

Howdy Congratulations on the find, love the woodgrain. Here is just a thought for next time, bring four rims/tires a big hammer and pry bar (to get the stuck drums off). Also miscellaneous tools, BP blaster two jacks and a big piece of flat wood, to put under the jacks.

Reminds me of my 69 Newport Sportgrain I dragged home. Someone had removed all the sport grain and trim unfortunately. Spring Special car oroginally.
69 NEWPORT.jpg

The guys in the youtube video are trying to cash in on the viral "Will it run & drive" tiktok/youtube videos that seem to be popping up everywhere. These guys abviously are amateurs at best as there were a lot simpler methods to getting the car out. Its all about the clicks not the restoration in my opinion. I doubt very much they were even awware of the significance of that car beyond the "Barn Find" aspect.

We all had to learn at some point. Most of us learned after only a few cars.
Seems these guys still need to learn some stuff.
That entire dragging onto the trailer 2 hours thing was ridiculous.
Why in the world is the girl the only one cleaning out the crap in front of the tires?
PAINFUL is indeed the correct word for that fiasco. Wow.

Thanks for posting though! Always fun to watch other people.
Other folks always make me feel better about my loading/unloading of rot boxes.

I remember seeing ‘68s with the sportgrain back in the day but I didn’t realize it was an option on ‘69s until many years later. They must be much rarer. I think the ‘68s wore it better though.

OMG...my back hurts just from watching that debacle.I can't wait to see what's next and how hard they will make it on themselves:BangHead:

Cut him some slack guys...he has a 1977 T&C,a 1977 Newport, a 1973 Fury and this 1969. Our hobby needs more young folks in it and this guy definitely has the sickness.

Cut him some slack guys...he has a 1977 T&C,a 1977 Newport, a 1973 Fury and this 1969. Our hobby needs more young folks in it and this guy definitely has the sickness.
I thought I heard him say that in that in the video and thought, why didn’t they bring a spare tire from each of those? Might have saved some suspension parts that strap was attached to.

Don’t get me wrong, all the power to them. I’ve been impressed with the young guys getting into the hobby, but in this instance a little more thought would have gone a long way.

Being the fourth car (as far as we can tell) a little more thought would be expected.
And maybe, just rearrange the trailer to get it straight to the car since they didn't rearrange the car.
Glad young guys are getting into it. No hard feelings at all, except the time spent watching the
escapade, haha.

Back