BBTR #09 - what a record-setting blast!

But that's a giant car show that attracts everything mopar, and that covers ALOT of ground.

I'd much rather start/attend/grow a C body specific show and swap. We have the numbers. So many are set into their routines with existing shows it makes it hard to fit something new into their schedule.

BBTR - USA is something that great minds/planners should start considering.

It was the same here in Germany, when I started BBTR: Lots of shows going on, so I had to find my spot in the show calendar. In the beginning it interfered some years with other local shows, but when people attend BBTR once, they usually come back. And tell their friends.

I guess key to success of BBTR is an unusual format (cruise and vine tasting), beautiful countryside and proper marketing through Social Media with attractive images. If you transfer that to a C-body event in the US, people will attend your event!

I would be more then happy to share my experiences.

It was the same here in Germany, when I started BBTR: Lots of shows going on, so I had to find my spot in the show calendar. In the beginning it interfered some years with other local shows, but when people attend BBTR once, they usually come back. And tell their friends.

I guess key to success of BBTR is an unusual format (cruise and vine tasting), beautiful countryside and proper marketing through Social Media with attractive images. If you transfer that to a C-body event in the US, people will attend your event!

Are we talking this car, @ayilar? That's the same 300 convertible in 2020 (above) and 2024 (below).

What surprises me the most about this show is that Chrysler models alone (not including Imperial either), totaled 36 vehicles and all the rest combined totaled only 28! It sure wouldn't have been the case here in the U.S. I must have acquired a German gene in me since the Chrysler models are also my favorites among all the others. My mother was of German heritage so that must be the reason.

I think being centrally located would help as well. If Carlisle was in Kansas it would be a far more popular show. Just about anywhere in Europe can be at the show in a day or two drive. For me it is a 5 day plus drive to go to Carlisle, then I have to do it again to go home. Maybe when I retire but not an option right now.

Alan

I think being centrally located would help as well. If Carlisle was in Kansas it would be a far more popular show. Just about anywhere in Europe can be at the show in a day or two drive. For me it is a 5 day plus drive to go to Carlisle, then I have to do it again to go home. Maybe when I retire but not an option right now.

Alan

Debatable. If it were in Kansas you'd lose most of the East coast. Columbus Ohio is a nice event albeit not Carlisle it is called the Nationals for a reason. I've been twice. Too far ( 8-9 hours) in mostly congested roads.
Years ago someone, could been the owner of the Drydock tried to start a C body exclusive event in St Louis . I'm not sure how it lost its legs but something stopped it.

I won't go to the Illinois get together because of the traffic between here and there.

Are we talking this car, @ayilar? That's the same 300 convertible in 2020 (above) and 2024 (below).

What surprises me the most about this show is that Chrysler models alone (not including Imperial either), totaled 36 vehicles and all the rest combined totaled only 28! It sure wouldn't have been the case here in the U.S. I must have acquired a German gene in me since the Chrysler models are also my favorites among all the others. My mother was of German heritage so that must be the reason.
... and of these 36 Chryslers you'll find 16 (!) 300 - that's 44 percent of the attending Chryslers. I guess that has several reasons. The 300 has concealed headlights, an attractive feature, preferred my many. Dodges with hidden lights are rare and not so pleasing design-wise. Sport Furys/Gran Coupes are pretty, but also rather hard to find. And Imperials usually fetch higher prices. Chrysler is also a common name in Germany, other than Imperial. Plymouth and Dodge are also known, but not as much as Chrysler. I don't have numbers on hand, but I bet of all Fuselage C-bodies with concealed headlights, Chrysler 300s were build the most.

Really great to see all those nice cars in Europe @ one spot ! Someday, i will attend :)

Debatable. If it were in Kansas you'd lose most of the East coast. Columbus Ohio is a nice event albeit not Carlisle it is called the Nationals for a reason. I've been twice. Too far ( 8-9 hours) in mostly congested roads.
Years ago someone, could been the owner of the Drydock tried to start a C body exclusive event in St Louis . I'm not sure how it lost its legs but something stopped it.

I won't go to the Illinois get together because of the traffic between here and there.
The traffic is mostly just there.

WOW! Georg/BBTR well done young man. Excellent photos, Excellent turnout, stunning cars! Thanks a million for sharing this.

Brilliant show beautiful Cars well done - always look out for this report - love to go but have a 68 C Body not eligible. ( and it’s not running!minor detail)

Back