Brake booster replace.

carguy300

Reaction score
Besides having my booster rebuilt and broke studs replaced, is there a decent one out there for 1968 chyrsler 300. Power 4 wheel drum. I already have a new master cylinder so all I need is the booster. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

IMG_2931.jpeg

IMG_2930.jpeg

That booster was used, basically, from 1965-70 until 4-whl drum brakes were discontinued, as I recall.

www.powerbrakebooster.com can rebuild yours. Auto-supply remans are NOT universally good, by observation. You might get lucky, but do NOT return yours as a "core" for them!

What is seen on the booster, as to coloration, is normal.

CBODY67

Thanks for that info. If it werent for the broke stud, I would clean this one up and use it. Found a place in texas that will rebuild but not sure about stud replacement for aprox $300. Still looking. I have heard alot of not good about after markets!

Besides having my booster rebuilt and broke studs replaced, is there a decent one out there for 1968 chyrsler 300. Power 4 wheel drum. I already have a new master cylinder so all I need is the booster. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

View attachment 683446

View attachment 683447

One of the cars I bought last year came that way.
So, I enlarged the master cylinder mounting hole diameter at the mating surface just deep enough so it would slip over a coupler nut that I put on the remaining broken stud and then put a stud into the coupler nut and then installed the master as usual.
Depending on your remaining stud length, you may need to increase the diameter of the gasket hole. I didn't.
Because, the current replacement booster situation is a pain in the butt.

Last edited:
Back