Briggs and Stratton File For Bankruptcy. Why It Matters

What a shame ! Many childhood memories of finding mowers in the trash and getting them running and selling them. The Damn Chinese will buy the name and Bastardize the brand like so many other iconic American brands of the past.

The Damn Chinese will buy the name and Bastardize the brand like so many other iconic American brands.

I would say the big wigs at Brigs went to China to make more money at the expense of USA workers so they could retire with a butt load of money. And be more competitive. Americans sold America out. The Chinese were more than happy to accept the FAT American's offer. They [China]compared to us were starving. Thank the rich former American bosses.

Last edited:
Name names ,,it's your duty as an American

Guilty of what?

Supporting anything cheaper than American made.
How many members have lifts in their garage? How many of those are American made?
Hydraulic floor jacks? Socket sets? Tires? Underwear? Dinner plates? ....................

Unless i need it this second I will shop for the Made in the USA label or do without. I bought a Murray mower several years ago because it is made in the States. Picture frames, kitchen utensils, made in USA. regardless of cost.
Gotta support the country and American pride.......

I'm outta this thread. I cant rant while on vacation.

Supporting anything cheaper than American made.
How many members have lifts in their garage? How many of those are American made?
Hydraulic floor jacks? Socket sets? Tires? Underwear? Dinner plates?

I think you are seeing a pattern but what of your statement:::

QUOTE:::Many on this board are guilty of it. QUOTE

Explain and identify please. As a true American Citizen.

Expose these American Bastards here on FCBO for what they truly are man. We are counting on you.
You seem to have proof and we want to know.
Don't need to rant on vacation,,just identify whom you know are guilty and submit your proof. Just spill your data. Easy. You pointed your finger, follow through.

Last edited:
Dave's been to each members house and has a list, he will release it after vacation is over, let him rest for now.

Dave's been to each members house and has a list, he will release it after vacation is over, let him rest for now.

That explains the Polara parked down the street and the footprints under my bedroom window....just knock Dave the beer is chilling in the igloo.. :)

By observation, the smaller mowers still use B&S engines exclusively, for many years. In the sub-$300.00 range. I have THREE of them, over several years. By about the 3rd season, even with Lucas E-__ additive exclusively, they won't crank and fire. Carb issues? As they all ran perfectly the prior season, but after that few months of "winter", no more, so I'd go get a new one. Cheaper than a repair bill!

Murray, MTD, Yard Machines are all the same company now, I believe, all with B&S engines. Mowers "Made in the USA with global parts".

Bankruptcy protection with "all assets" allegedly ready to sell to some equity fund?

Everybody cusses "buying Oriental", but then they head straight to WalMart next time they need something. Once Sam Walton passed away, that "Made in small-town USA" orientation disappeared, by observation.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

B&S has been quietly selling off brands such as Snapper as of late.
Seen any ads for Snapper products lately?
How about Simplicity? B&S owned and made, using their own engines. You can't sell what you don't advertise.
I would assume there is some reason for moving from WI to NY but I can't imagine what it could be.

I would say the big wigs at Brigs went to China to make more money at the expense of USA workers so they could retire with a butt load of money. And be more competitive. Americans sold America out. The Chinese were more than happy to accept the FAT American's offer. They comparatively to us were starving. Thank the rich former American bosses.
It's pure corporate greed. The everyday person has little to do with it. Yes you look for cheap price (everyone loves a bargain), but just because you buy only or mostly American does not mean that the company manufacturing it will not go and find it supplied cheaper. Weather that be off shore or a little further down the street. Bigger is not always better as corporate America and the big money fund analyst would have you believe. Take Chrysler, though all the mergers and takeovers and now the latest PSA/FCA merger (Stuntenillis), you actually think the cars and prices will get better? Ha, I have some prime real estate I would like to sell you.

I would say the big wigs at Brigs went to China to make more money at the expense of USA workers so they could retire with a butt load of money. And be more competitive. Americans sold America out. The Chinese were more than happy to accept the FAT American's offer. They comparatively to us were starving. Thank the rich former American bosses.

It's been going on for over fifty years now. I blame the stock market system, and, of course, corporate greed, as mentioned. The majority of publicly traded business's must constantly make more money in order to keep shareholders happy. Simply making a steady profit isn't enough. It's got to be more, and more, every quarter. That isn't sustainable. Particularly in a country that has workers' rights, minimum wages, environmental laws, and multitudes of red tape and hoops to jump through.

Every item purchased from China hurts our economy, while helping theirs, at the detriment of human rights, and the entire world's environment.

I too am guilty.

It was sad to see old vets driving japanese cars.

Today, I hate to see so called “patriots” driving japanese cars.

eagle equipment. sticker says Norton Mass. big assumption on my part that it was actually made there.
004.JPG
the big rotary would have been to rich for me new. bought this used through the local snap-on rep. at the time. one of the best purchases i've ever made.
002.JPG
both purchased around the turn of the century. haven't purchased much new ever. used stuff just seems to work for me.

Back