WANTED Bucket seat back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking for a seat back for my 69, blue preferred but will take one in a different color.

IMG_6106.JPEG

Alan

Yes I know about the reproductions, I prefer original parts when feasible.

Alan

Yes I know about the reproductions, I prefer original parts when feasible.

Alan
I like originals too, but you might be better off going with the repop. Every seatback I've come across is at the very least cracked. Most have the screw holes broken out. I have original backs in my car and they needed work and I would consider those as being a lot better than average.

Keep looking, but just realize that the repops are really nice, better materials etc.

This one is better than average, it had some JB weld repairs and some have failed. For the money on the repos I feel I can repair mine better than the previous attempt.

Alan

I have original brittle seatbacks like MrMopar that need fixing also. Just like his I have worn out/widened screw holes that no longer have the depth and bevel that matches the screw. Which then causes cracking or the screw just slips through. I'll do what I did in the link on the back with a little window screen. I'll fill the whole entirely and have enough depth on the back to then drill it out again the way it started. You might expect that in a situation like this when you are finished and while screwing in the screw your patch cracks...it hasn't happened to me. But not leaving things alone, for reinforcement I added the window screen. And roughed up the plastic surface before I start.

I purchased the ABC's, great product, hole location for transferring the trim pieces is spot on. One thing though, (I'll say here my painting skills are not the best), I bought the white/Paint to match. Cleaned them as instructed but had a hard time getting the color to cover correctly, I'd definitely recommend a sealer/primer first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back