Bumpers chromed:

I was wondering about them seeing that I'm Sebring.

Let us know the details if you follow up on them Stan. Quality .... cost.... Sometimes trading quality for convenience dosen't work out.

Tri city attends the turkey run in Daytona and will pick up and deliver there.

Let us know the details if you follow up on them Stan.
rofl.gif

I used them for my valve covers. From what I remember it was reasonably priced and they did a great job.

I have had 2 bumpers plated at United Plating.
626- 363-5145 email unitedplating@gmail.com
there in californa but he willcall ups and make arrangments and it only cost me 24.00 dollars to ship it to him
hours mon-fri 8.am - 4pm sat 8am to 2pm
also they charged me 350.00 each bumper and did all the straighting, bumpers look great.

Hi Bulldog;

I have a 68 Newport, and I just dropped my bumpers off at a new place I just heard about hear in St Pete, well they have been here for awhile but they just started doing this spray chromeing about 6 months ago--http://www.sprayonchrome.com/---I am waitin for them to get back to me with a price now to see how much it is--I looked at some of the stuff they did in thier shop and it looked good to me but I am just an average guy, I don't know crap about this stuff, I just knew I wasn't going to pay 1500 dollars and wait another 4 months for the bumper to be rechromed, I had already told the guy doing the work to repaint them.If I have these people do the work I will try to take before and after pics for everyone and let you know thier prices.
Jim

I had to take off my rear bumper to get to the rust on my drivers rear fender. Now that I have it off is there a good chroming place in Florida that anyone knows about. Stan? This is one my 68 Newport.

Yes. Tri City is tried and proven. Around 1K for front and rear bumper + shipping cost.

http://tricityplating.com/ ........ Call and talk to Porter, (main man), or Chuck, (owner).

They also do Carlisle which is helpful. They did a gorgeous job on a bumper for dads Charger. They had one in house and delivered it to Carlisle. We took his to Carlisle to eliminate the core charge

They also do Carlisle which is helpful. They did a gorgeous job on a bumper for dads Charger. They had one in house and delivered it to Carlisle. We took his to Carlisle to eliminate the core charge

The rear bumper on my old 58 Savoy had been hit pretty good. The center section with the back up lamp was almost bent in half. I looked hard but couldn't locate a replacement. Chuck said to bring it and he'd see what he could do for me. Heres the result.

58 savoy rear (Large).jpg

Waited 2 days for a price and then got pi------ off and went down and picked the bumpers back up and said the heck with it, will just have them painted like I was going to have them done to begin with---As I was leaveing I talked to another guy and he was not happy with a rim he had done, nowhere near as good as regular chrome he said and it was more expensive so I guess I wouldn't recommend them.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Let us all know.

Waited 2 days for a price and then got pi------ off and went down and picked the bumpers back up and said the heck with it, will just have them painted like I was going to have them done to begin with---As I was leaveing I talked to another guy and he was not happy with a rim he had done, nowhere near as good as regular chrome he said and it was more expensive so I guess I wouldn't recommend them.

Jim

I'm not surprised at all about that, especially about it not being as good as regular chrome.

On the second page in that thread is another chrome shop in Indiana called "Custom Metal Finishing IN". I had a pot metal piece for my 53 Windsor done after having them recommended to me. The price was much higher than I expected and it came back to me looking terrible. They had shipped it in plastic bags that had some sand in them and the sand had scratched the piece. I sent it back to them. The owner said it was my fault and wanted more money to repair. I told him to send it back "as is" and he got pissed.... He replated it, but again sent it back in a plastic bag with sand in it. The scratches weren't as bad this time at least. Turned out his sister was using the bags that they used for parts after they sand blasted them. But ... No "I'm sorry" or offer to refund or repair it right.

I used Sandy's Bumper Mart here in Syracuse for the die cast convertible boot trim pieces on my 300. They weren't cheap... $350 for both, but they came out better than he said they would.

http://www.sandysbumpermart.com/

Back