C-Bodies at Barrett-Jackson

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I watched and fast forwarded through 40 hours of Barrett-Jackson during the past week and didn't see a single C-Body on the stage, Seen a few very nice 1955-1962 Mopars and a ton of beautiful B-Bodies. Some of the B-bodies were sold for reasonable prices.

I prefer that the C's aren't mega-auction worthy.
Keeps them affordable (relatively) so that some idiot doesn't try and sell a triple green 318 rust bucket and say it's worth $30k "cuz I saw one on that there Bare-it-something auction on TV just like it sell fer...".

How much....?????

:sHa_dielaughing2:.... I think there's gonna be a lot of that going on in the next couple months.....:gah:

I prefer that the C's aren't mega-auction worthy.
Keeps them affordable (relatively) so that some idiot doesn't try and sell a triple green 318 rust bucket and say it's worth $30k "cuz I saw one on that there Bare-it-something auction on TV just like it sell fer...".

Hell, I think we're already there now...seeing more and more trying to get 10K & 12K for a rust buckets with 4dr's and headers simply b/c it's a distant, 3rd cousin removed from hi-po Chrysler muscle car brethren.

You wouldn't believe the insane prices that people are asking for cars at Carlisle - especially the B & E bodies. However, I have seen some great deals but you have to be there at opening bell Friday to get them. They're sold in a flash!

You wouldn't believe the insane prices that people are asking for cars at Carlisle - especially the B & E bodies. However, I have seen some great deals but you have to be there at opening bell Friday to get them. They're sold in a flash!

Oh I believe it alright. The wife and I had a little bit of cash and managed to buy an e body car a few years ago when it didn't mean re-mortgaging your home to pay for it. Just recently I saw a 318 2bbl Challenger that was in the same shape as our R/T (older restoration) and the asking price was 35K!!

Thats o.k. you can always make an offer ..................Friday? What do you mean Friday? Gotta get the good deals on Thursday or its a row over for twice the price on Friday.

I agree with Stan on this one, I'd just assume never see a C body on the Television Auctions

Like this for 60k?

221005 2006 right.jpg

221005 2006 440 engine.jpg

or the one for more than a hundred bucks outside of Carlisle........................

To put things in persective, it is all a matter of supply & demand that dictates price. Not to get lengthy, I bought a matching numbers but rough 1952 VW sunroof beetle some years ago for $350.00 dollars and everyone thought I paid too much for it. I had it restored bsck to original 5 years ago and had it appraised. The appraisal came back at $41,000.00 dollars and I turned down an offer for $50,000.00 dollars about 2 years ago. So a car of today that has limited appeal might be the hot number of tomorrow. The 78 Newport 2-dr we have, only 5803 were produced...What is the survivor rate? 10% or 580? 20% or 1160? How many still are all original, including paint & upholstry? I think the C-Body Line will be the next hot Mopar. Everthing else is virtually off the wall in price.

Back