$_59 (4).JPG

$_59 (5).JPG

$_59 (6).JPG

$_59 (7).JPG

$_59.JPG

Yes it is Tom’s car but I will let him explain whats up. :(

Hi everyone.

Yes it's true it is my car...

I'm not quite sure what I will be typing here but will do my best to enlighten you as to why this is on the blocks without writing a pity party novel.

Few members here are aware that my physical health hasn't been great in the past year and this is one of the reasons why this is happening. I've commented or hinted about it in the past here.

I'm battling a a bunch of physical issues and it is knocking the crap out of me at times.
This is what doctors have diagnosed me with and trying to treat the condition/symptoms.
1 - Degenerative disc disease - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
- 1 laterally herniated disc in L4/5 - - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
- 2 bulging discs' L3 & L4 - - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
2 - Osteoarthritis - - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
3 - Spinal Stenosis in 3 of my vertebrae - - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
4- Facet Joint syndrome (arthritis)- Every slightest twist can send me in to a partial paralysis of my legs This is the worst one of the bunch... - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...

The Canadian medical experts so far are telling me to go home and suffer through this for the rest of my life.
I think they are afraid of making me worse than better citing all the things that can go wrong if surgery is performed.
- I literally 2 times by different surgeons was told that they want to see me totally paralyzed before they will cut me open to reduce the internal stresses & obstructions in my spine.
- I'm considering going state side to get treatment but the challenge is the $$$
(The messed up part is that the slightest movement can bring all of this on..)

I am fighting back though trying anything I can to get this under control.
- I've started just this past week with injections directly into my lower and mid back to try to block the nerves from firing. This is going to be at least 5 weeks in a row to see if the pain can be controlled.

- I just started Osteopath treatments (I've been seeing chiropractors for decades as well) in hopes to unlock the spasms that my muscles in my back and internally have really torqued me up internally resulting also in every slight move I make tells my brain that it pain time because Tom is injuring himself which results in major spasms and intense pain shooting throughout my back or worse partial paralysis.

In the past few months is partial paralysis in my lower body and the sudden urge to evacuate my bowels.
I concurrently lose sensation of most feeling in my legs and extreme difficulty in walking for days.
The slightest twist or wrong move can bring me down for many days.
Yet, when I go to emergency they take CT scans, MRI's and tell me there is nothing new or seriously wrong with me... Here's some drugs , go home and enjoy life! (Seriously, this is what one Emerg Dr. said to me a few weeks ago...)
I just received a call late Friday evening informing me that I have been brought to the front of the line for a neurosurgeon in 2 weeks. I hope that they can come up with a solid plan of action.

I'm hopeful and praying a ton that I can be brought out of this dark hole in my life but right now I have to be realistic. I wanted to moth ball the Seneca away but it has become a point of contention with me and the family.
My argument is that we will never be able to afford this opportunity again but that's just it, an argument and one not worth winning at the expense of my marriage.

I even put the truck up for sale in hopes to find a reasonably priced mini-van that I can comfortably drive & space for accessories should I need them in the future to get around to roll around at all the local cruise nights! :lol:

But here I am writing a novel like I wanted to avoid but it is what it is.

I admit that I didn't post Betty here since I didn't want to raise a fuss about why it was for sale or bring attention to myself but we are a family here and we should at least included everyone to keep them informed on what has been happening in the life & times of Tom Juhlke aka "Mr. Fix it".
I apologize for not doing that.:(
I did set the price high to weed out the wishful buyer that thinks they can handle a restoration but give up after realizing they have to work to restore a car of this year and rarity? Well it is and it isn't... these are scarce though.

i'm really hoping that someone will be able to give it the attention it needs to bring it back to the car it should be.
I've had a few inquiries since posting. I took a chance and through it on FB knowing that eventually members would see it. I asked the members of FB to be respectful with their comments due to people feeling empowered to bash others without remorse & most have been.

So that's it everyone.
This is the reason Betty is available looking for a new home...
And besides... Trixie is happy to cart me & the Mrs' around too still!

I've been very blessed to have car friends that work for a case of beer to help me with things as time permits too.

It's good to have friends that work for beer! LOL!:lol:

Last edited:
One last thing, if anyone here is seriously interested in buying Betty, PM me, we can talk turkey on the price.
It would be great if someone here would take her on and post pics of here as she is brought back to life.

Tom,
as an RN I've come to really trust Cochrane Reviews. If you're not familiar, they are evidence-based reviews of therapies, medications and surgeries. Here is a link to discussion of fusion vs disc replacement surgery:

Total disc replacement for chronic low-back pain | Cochrane

Also, talk to your health care providers about incorporating tart cherry juice, turmeric and other potent, natural anti-inflammatory foods (link for cherry concentrate follows). They are not going to cure DDD or DJD but will help with pain control, perhaps significantly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RC6J72/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The cherry juice has the added benefit of helping you sleep deeper and longer. And, speaking of sleep, I hope to God some providers there have been working with you on sleep posture (support pillows and such). If not, pm me!

Good luck,
Brian

Hey Tom, really sorry to hear about your ailments, how awful! I have a handful of those conditions on your list and your post kind of scares me. I blew out 3 discs about 12 years ago, tearing 2 of them, have degenerative disc disease(not uncommon) and arthritis. I have managed to avoid surgery and credit disc decompression therapy, an inversion table and keeping my core muscles strong to help support my spine and keep me on my feet. I’ve seen surgeons, a chiropractor and a kinesiologist after the injury and was instructed to do anything no matter how corny it sounded to avoid surgery for as long as possible, so far so good and I wish you luck in finding a successful path that works for you.

Tom,
as an RN I've come to really trust Cochrane Reviews. If you're not familiar, they are evidence-based reviews of therapies, medications and surgeries. Here is a link to discussion of fusion vs disc replacement surgery:

Also, talk to your health care providers about incorporating tart cherry juice, turmeric and other potent, natural anti-inflammatory foods (link for cherry concentrate follows). They are not going to cure DDD or DJD but will help with pain control, perhaps significantly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RC6J72/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The cherry juice has the added benefit of helping you sleep deeper and longer. And, speaking of sleep, I hope to God some providers there have been working with you on sleep posture (support pillows and such). If not, pm me!

Good luck,
Brian
I’ve been taking this stuff which has gotten me off of handfuls of ibuprofen every day.
Relief Factor | Healthy Inflammation Response Supplement

Matt is spot on with this one. Omega 3s have an established anti-inflammatory effect. The key is to be patient with these supplements. You will have to wait a while (few months) before really noticing their effects. The upside is, they will not damage your liver or kidneys or cause significant side effects the way drugs do. But, as always, caution. You can have too much of anything (even water).

That said, drink lots of water and check with the medicos before starting ANY supplement (Omega 3s, for example, also are blood thinners and can have interactions with other meds). There are legion of foods n spices with anti-inflammatory effect: garlic, ginger, cinnamon, blueberries. Just clear it with a doc first.

Matt--btw--Turmeric supplements are significantly better absorbed when packaged with Black Pepper Extract. You may want to find out if Relief Factor has that.

Tom,

Good luck,
Brian
Hi Brian,
I'll certainly give this a good read today!

Sorry to hear about this Tom, i knew you had back issues but didn't know the magnitude. Well keep you in our prayers and good luck with the sale.

There's a lot of people out there that believe that fasting actually helps the body repair itself. From what I understand, their view is that instead of the body spending energy on digesting and evacuating food, it focuses on repairing itself.
A "water only" fast helped a fatso like me lose 18lbs in ten days...but ya gotta be a stubborn bastard because the voices in your head really want you to eat :D
Best of luck with your situation.

Matt is spot on with this one. Omega 3s have an established anti-inflammatory effect. The key is to be patient with these supplements. You will have to wait a while (few months) before really noticing their effects. The upside is, they will not damage your liver or kidneys or cause significant side effects the way drugs do. But, as always, caution. You can have too much of anything (even water).

That said, drink lots of water and check with the medicos before starting ANY supplement (Omega 3s, for example, also are blood thinners and can have interactions with other meds). There are legion of foods n spices with anti-inflammatory effect: garlic, ginger, cinnamon, blueberries. Just clear it with a doc first.

Matt--btw--Turmeric supplements are significantly better absorbed when packaged with Black Pepper Extract. You may want to find out if Relief Factor has that.
Hi Doc!

Actually I've been taking a number of the mentioned for years...

Cinnamon,
Krill oil
The Omega 3-6-9 blend but stopped since I was told since I don't have a gall bladder that the oil is not doing anything but Krill does as it is absorbed in the intestines not the stomach. True or maybe not... 9Krill marketers seem to have convinced us)
Garlic pills daily
Some whole blueberries
Just started with oriental ginger tea yesterday

Forgot to mention physiotherapy this year and acupuncture treatments late last year too.(This worked for me many years ago but had no affect this time...)
Exercise as much and possible.
Worn out a few tread mills...

And believe me I hate prescription drugs in any form but some I'm stuck with like insulin for my diabetes.
Thyroid treatment as well.
I just switched from one crazy drug to another less killer drug for nerve pain control.

I've even lost 20 pounds since the beginning of the year to try to lessen the stress on the back.
We've been on a gluten free, sugar free, caffeine free diet which has helped with the wardrobe situation! LOL!

What really gets me is that modern medicine refuses to acknowledge the power on the natural medications from our earth.
The result in turn is our private insurance giants will not cover any of the natural avenues of treatment! Yes say what you want but it's all a conspiracy to keep us hooked and keep the money giant rolling.
Oh gosh this is a whole another entire thread just waiting to explode on that topic!

The prescribed pills just make us sicker or mask the symptoms until they can no longer and then the **** hits the fan. I've arguing this for years with the family Doc.

As a mechanic in the past we had a few doctors that complained about the cost of car repairs regularly & we used to have an expression that if we made a mistake with a customers car, it was towed back to the shop but with a doctor they bury their mistakes... not a good feeling to instill in the patient in my books but they paid their bills and left until they needed us again...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back