For Sale Canadian '60 Dart Seneca with video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, I don't dispute that modern medicine is off kilter on many, many counts! Quality of life often seems to be a non-factor to many practitioners...

I just caution you, especially as regard the Diabetes, that supplements and herbal remedies can have interactions and side effects. Many can lower blood sugar (happily). But when you get down to it, whether Big Pharma made it or Mother Nature, they're all chemicals. Ginger, for example, is a blood thinner. If you're already taking a blood thinner, such as Plavix, the combo can be dangerous. Do keep your health care folks in the loop. You may want to consider an osteopathic physician (DO) instead of an MD. They tend to be more holistic.

I'm battling a a bunch of physical issues and it is knocking the crap out of me at times.
This is what doctors have diagnosed me with and trying to treat the condition/symptoms.
1 - Degenerative disc disease - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
- 1 laterally herniated disc in L4/5 - - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
- 2 bulging discs' L3 & L4 - - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
2 - Osteoarthritis - - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
3 - Spinal Stenosis in 3 of my vertebrae - - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
4- Facet Joint syndrome (arthritis)- Every slightest twist can send me in to a partial paralysis of my legs This is the worst one of the bunch... - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...

The Canadian medical experts so far are telling me to go home and suffer through this for the rest of my life.
I think they are afraid of making me worse than better citing all the things that can go wrong if surgery is performed.
- I literally 2 times by different surgeons was told that they want to see me totally paralyzed before they will cut me open to reduce the internal stresses & obstructions in my spine.
- I'm considering going state side to get treatment but the challenge is the $$$
(The messed up part is that the slightest movement can bring all of this on..)

Your story just reminded me what I read about Tiger Woods a few days ago. As you know he had several back surgeries to address disc issues in his lower back and they didn't work. So he elected to go with another surgery using a completely different method of dealing with the discs. I believe he is dealing with L4-5 and S1.

"Due to previous herniations and three surgeries, Woods’ bottom lower-back disc severely narrowed, causing sciatica and severe back and leg pain. Conservative therapy, which included rehabilitation, medications, limiting activities and injections, failed as a permanent solution, and Woods opted to have surgery. The procedure was a minimally invasive Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (MIS ALIF) at L5/S1. The surgery entailed removing the damaged disc and re-elevating the collapsed disc space to normal levels. This allows the one vertebrae to heal to the other. The goal is to relieve the pressure on the nerve and to give the nerve the best chance of healing.

The operation was performed by Dr. Richard Guyer of the Center for Disc Replacement at the Texas Back Institute."

To do this procedure they enter through the front and work their way around your organs. The purpose is to avoid cutting back muscles, which leads to scarring of those muscles where cut, which leads to muscle issues.

ALIF (Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion) Video

Matt is spot on with this one. Omega 3s have an established anti-inflammatory effect. The key is to be patient with these supplements. You will have to wait a while (few months) before really noticing their effects. The upside is, they will not damage your liver or kidneys or cause significant side effects the way drugs do. But, as always, caution. You can have too much of anything (even water).

True, Omega 3 is anti-inflammatory, and is used in helping ocular conditions such as dry eye which is an inflammatory disease. Let's say it is part of the treatment plan and not the only piece of the puzzle. I have taken 2100 mg of Omega 3 for the last 2 years to head off that very common problem. Note that one must read the label and look for the quantity of DHA and EPA since that is what counts. Two of my capsules are 1,450 EPA and 550 DHA. For the eye the recommended amount is 2-3000 mg. One should not exceed 4000 mg per day and I can see no reason to even take more than 3000 mg. My patients are told to mimic me at 2100 mg per day. Best taken after dinner as fats in the food will hasten absorption of Omega 3.

Hi everyone.

Yes it's true it is my car...

I'm not quite sure what I will be typing here but will do my best to enlighten you as to why this is on the blocks without writing a pity party novel.

Few members here are aware that my physical health hasn't been great in the past year and this is one of the reasons why this is happening. I've commented or hinted about it in the past here.

I'm battling a a bunch of physical issues and it is knocking the crap out of me at times.
This is what doctors have diagnosed me with and trying to treat the condition/symptoms.
1 - Degenerative disc disease - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
- 1 laterally herniated disc in L4/5 - - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
- 2 bulging discs' L3 & L4 - - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
2 - Osteoarthritis - - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
3 - Spinal Stenosis in 3 of my vertebrae - - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...
4- Facet Joint syndrome (arthritis)- Every slightest twist can send me in to a partial paralysis of my legs This is the worst one of the bunch... - prognosis? go home and take drugs to alleviate the pain...

The Canadian medical experts so far are telling me to go home and suffer through this for the rest of my life.
I think they are afraid of making me worse than better citing all the things that can go wrong if surgery is performed.
- I literally 2 times by different surgeons was told that they want to see me totally paralyzed before they will cut me open to reduce the internal stresses & obstructions in my spine.
- I'm considering going state side to get treatment but the challenge is the $$$
(The messed up part is that the slightest movement can bring all of this on..)

I am fighting back though trying anything I can to get this under control.
- I've started just this past week with injections directly into my lower and mid back to try to block the nerves from firing. This is going to be at least 5 weeks in a row to see if the pain can be controlled.

- I just started Osteopath treatments (I've been seeing chiropractors for decades as well) in hopes to unlock the spasms that my muscles in my back and internally have really torqued me up internally resulting also in every slight move I make tells my brain that it pain time because Tom is injuring himself which results in major spasms and intense pain shooting throughout my back or worse partial paralysis.

In the past few months is partial paralysis in my lower body and the sudden urge to evacuate my bowels.
I concurrently lose sensation of most feeling in my legs and extreme difficulty in walking for days.
The slightest twist or wrong move can bring me down for many days.
Yet, when I go to emergency they take CT scans, MRI's and tell me there is nothing new or seriously wrong with me... Here's some drugs , go home and enjoy life! (Seriously, this is what one Emerg Dr. said to me a few weeks ago...)
I just received a call late Friday evening informing me that I have been brought to the front of the line for a neurosurgeon in 2 weeks. I hope that they can come up with a solid plan of action.

I'm hopeful and praying a ton that I can be brought out of this dark hole in my life but right now I have to be realistic. I wanted to moth ball the Seneca away but it has become a point of contention with me and the family.
My argument is that we will never be able to afford this opportunity again but that's just it, an argument and one not worth winning at the expense of my marriage.

I even put the truck up for sale in hopes to find a reasonably priced mini-van that I can comfortably drive & space for accessories should I need them in the future to get around to roll around at all the local cruise nights! :lol:

But here I am writing a novel like I wanted to avoid but it is what it is.

I admit that I didn't post Betty here since I didn't want to raise a fuss about why it was for sale or bring attention to myself but we are a family here and we should at least included everyone to keep them informed on what has been happening in the life & times of Tom Juhlke aka "Mr. Fix it".
I apologize for not doing that.:(
I did set the price high to weed out the wishful buyer that thinks they can handle a restoration but give up after realizing they have to work to restore a car of this year and rarity? Well it is and it isn't... these are scarce though.

i'm really hoping that someone will be able to give it the attention it needs to bring it back to the car it should be.
I've had a few inquiries since posting. I took a chance and through it on FB knowing that eventually members would see it. I asked the members of FB to be respectful with their comments due to people feeling empowered to bash others without remorse & most have been.

So that's it everyone.
This is the reason Betty is available looking for a new home...
And besides... Trixie is happy to cart me & the Mrs' around too still!

Sorry to hear this! As I've always said, ain't no pain like back pain. You say you've been to chiropractors over the years. Do you know if they practiced the Sacro Occipital Technique? It may be worth looking into and I think there are chiropractors in your area that practice this. At this point, you've got nothing to lose. Family members and I have had great success in seeing our local practicing chiropractor for years. Here's some information for you:

Sacro Occipital Technique:

SORSI - SORSI

The Best Sacro Occipital Technique Professionals in Canada Rated By Past Clients

Best of luck, man. Taking drugs to elevate the pain is no answer. You'd be surprised what this chiropractic technique can do.

Thanks for the information
I’ll ask my Chiropactor if he is using this practice

Really appreciate the advice given here!

I even put the truck up for sale since the transmission is a manual 5spd

I want to prepare for the worst but hope for the best too

Tom: I am so sorry to hear you are having such awful issues with your back. I see that several members have made suggestions, and I hope they are helpful. For my part, all I can say is that, like you, beer-coin has always been a help and a blessing to me. :poke:

Seriously, I know all of us are thinking of you and pulling for you.

Tom: I am so sorry to hear you are having such awful issues with your back. I see that several members have made suggestions, and I hope they are helpful. For my part, all I can say is that, like you, beer-coin has always been a help and a blessing to me. :poke:

Seriously, I know all of us are thinking of you and pulling for you.

thanks. I appreciate the support by everyone here!:thankyou:

Sorry to hear this! As I've always said, ain't no pain like back pain. You say you've been to chiropractors over the years. Do you know if they practiced the Sacro Occipital Technique? It may be worth looking into and I think there are chiropractors in your area that practice this. At this point, you've got nothing to lose. Family members and I have had great success in seeing our local practicing chiropractor for years. Here's some information for you:

Sacro Occipital Technique:

Reading that technique carefully I see much talk about the effects of stress and how to alleviate the problem. I see nothing in the description that refers to degenerative discs, herniated discs, bulging discs or osteoarthritis.

For a simple analogy think of osteoarthritis as a bushing. When the bushings in your control arms wear out you could end of metal on metal or at least have sloppy steering. When your cartilage wears out then you will end up with bone on bone contact in your joints leading to wear and pain. That cannot be helped by a chiropractor as it is a chronic disorder. New cartilage would be nice to have but there is no such thing yet. This tends to be managed by basic pain meds, like acetaminophen and NSAIDs, physical therapy, yoga, cortisone injections, lubrication injections and then joint replacement.

Now think of a disc as a shock absorber which are to absorb shock in a car. Those shocks do wear out over time. The discs are a shock absorber and cushion adjacent vertebrae so you don't have bone on bone. They also provide the spacing so the various nerves can exit the spinal column. Intrude on that space, and pinch a nerve fiber and you can well imagine the pain which can be acute or chronic. One needs to restore that spacing in order for the nerves to exit safely and be pain free. Granted meds don't create and restore space and neither does chiropractic treatment.
27905832_l.jpg
800px-ACDF_oblique_annotated_english.png
images.jpg

Well right now I’m having 3 bulging discs with the L4/5 disc being the main culprit
Also the facet joint syndrome
A good amount of nerve hyper-sensitivity is also causing this house of cards to come crashing down for me again these days

Last edited:
Reading that technique carefully I see much talk about the effects of stress and how to alleviate the problem. I see nothing in the description that refers to degenerative discs, herniated discs, bulging discs or osteoarthritis.

For a simple analogy think of osteoarthritis as a bushing. When the bushings in your control arms wear out you could end of metal on metal or at least have sloppy steering. When your cartilage wears out then you will end up with bone on bone contact in your joints leading to wear and pain. That cannot be helped by a chiropractor as it is a chronic disorder. New cartilage would be nice to have but there is no such thing yet. This tends to be managed by basic pain meds, like acetaminophen and NSAIDs, physical therapy, yoga, cortisone injections, lubrication injections and then joint replacement.

Now think of a disc as a shock absorber which are to absorb shock in a car. Those shocks do wear out over time. The discs are a shock absorber and cushion adjacent vertebrae so you don't have bone on bone. They also provide the spacing so the various nerves can exit the spinal column. Intrude on that space, and pinch a nerve fiber and you can well imagine the pain which can be acute or chronic. One needs to restore that spacing in order for the nerves to exit safely and be pain free. Granted meds don't create and restore space and neither does chiropractic treatment.
View attachment 176016 View attachment 176018 View attachment 176017

Unnatural stresses on the body can cause disk issues in the spine. Ask me how I know. My chiro has done wonders with my lower back issues by alleviating the stresses and focusing on proper alignment in addition to ultra sound treatments. It doesn't work for everyone as everyone's condition and circumstances are different. The OP is at a point where it cannot hurt to give it a go.

Ultrasound is interesting...
Heck I’m ready to try almost anything

Lots of advice here Tom so I will add this. My wife’s condition is neurological as well and has similar sypmtons to what you are experiencing. She goes quarterly for a Catscan guided lumbar puncture with a heavy dose being injected into the nerve bundle that is causing the problem effectively calming the nerve with anisthetic. Without it the spasms and pain would drive her mad. She is on heavy doses of Lyrica daily as well. Nerve pain can be the most painful type of discomfort imaginable so hopefully your Dr’s can suggest a good therapy.

Good luck with your sale and your health sir!

It's really hard to explain how it feels to a person that has never experienced it. And that is the difficulty when that person is the doctor.

Lots of advice here Tom so I will add this. My wife’s condition is neurological as well and has similar sypmtons to what you are experiencing. She goes quarterly for a Catscan guided lumbar puncture with a heavy dose being injected into the nerve bundle that is causing the problem effectively calming the nerve with anisthetic. Without it the spasms and pain would drive her mad.

Lots of advice here Tom so I will add this. My wife’s condition is neurological as well and has similar symptoms to what you are experiencing. She goes quarterly for a Catscan guided lumbar puncture with a heavy dose being injected into the nerve bundle that is causing the problem effectively calming the nerve with anesthetic. Without it the spasms and pain would drive her mad.

I'm sorry to hear this hope that one day she can find permanent relief but it sounds like most others, a chronic situation. :(

I've had a few good days now with yesterday being the best so far. I start my regular treatments for the week again.
now that I'm in the system, I am getting the treatment needed which I am happy about.

Right now I just have to be extremely careful with what I do, even getting up from a chair these days can trigger an episode.
All activities are now planned very precisely as to how to stand up, walk, sit down, have a dump... All the things in life that are taken for granted.
Every time this happens it's like learning how to walk again...only if I fall down it takes a few days to recover and get moving :lol:
Thanks again,
Tom

I dropped the price to $7300cdn or $5500us.
Again if anyone here is interested PM me to discuss

When my pain was at its worst shortly after the injury I was told by someone(can’t remember who but I think it was a trainer at a gym) that our bodies need protein to aid in the healing and daily rejuvenation of the soft tissues and that this process naturally takes place while we sleep. I was instructed to flood my body with protein a little before going to bed so since I was at the point of trying anything I bought a four pack of Muscle Milk protein drinks and gave it a try. Out of the many things I tried in an effort to heal and manage pain back then this is one of the things that I really felt made a difference. Wether it was a placebo effect or not I don’t know but I noticed a marked improvement of my pain level and I credit it as one of the better things I did to help in my rehab process.

Mr Fixit, I'm very sorry to hear of the health issues...getting old stinks.

When my pain was at its worst shortly after the injury I was told by someone(can’t remember who but I think it was a trainer at a gym) that our bodies need protein to aid in the healing and daily rejuvenation of the soft tissues and that this process naturally takes place while we sleep. I was instructed to flood my body with protein a little before going to bed so since I was at the point of trying anything I bought a four pack of Muscle Milk protein drinks and gave it a try. Out of the many things I tried in an effort to heal and manage pain back then this is one of the things that I really felt made a difference. Wether it was a placebo effect or not I don’t know but I noticed a marked improvement of my pain level and I credit it as one of the better things I did to help in my rehab process.
Hi Matt
I’ve been high dosing with pea protein since early January this year
Lost 20+ lbs
Gone gluten, sugar, caffeine, salt, soy, red meat free as well
Enjoying that I’m back down to a 36” waist :) as well

Thanks for the suggestion though :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back