Car lifts

Anybody bought a 4-post lift and had it installed? I am turning 75 and don't think my back is up to building an Erector Set lift? I am outside Akron, Ohio, and would appreciate any recommendations or warnings on who to avoid...

Larry
From talking to the guys in the business, they have guys that travel to install the lifts. That was a few years ago, but give them a call and ask. 4 Post Car Lifts | Safest, Highest Quality On The Market | Four Post

That said, I put mine together myself without any help. Everything was lifted with my cherry picker as I have some lifting restrictions (long story). If you can round up a good helper, they are pretty easy to put together. IIRC, there's videos on the above site that shows it being assembled.

They kind of get your dice in a vice. Mine was installed. Only because it came with only a 90 parts warranty if I did it. Nothing for labor. I knew if I did it, they would always blame me for installing something incorrectly even though they are not that difficult. With having them install it. The warranty was 3 years parts and labor.
Good thing I did with the first couple of days my up bottom would get stuck and I couldn't stop where I needed it to stop if not all the way up unless I turned off my breaker.
I had them bring me out a new pump/button assembly. Been okay since and been about 3 years now.

I've been looking at the BendPak GP-7LC.
Two post lift. Made for ceilings as low as 10'.
Concrete thickness min 4.25". Wish the posts were offset to ease door opening tho.

Back