Carlisle 2024

You can park your trailer at the firehouse next to the fairgrounds.
I left my car on the show field all weekend and left my trailer behind the firehouse. I think it was 25 bucks trailer parking for the weekend.
I just figure, of all the cars to steal my car was not near the value of hundreds of cars sitting around it.
Plus they do have some sort of security on the property.

Fresh oil change today, new showfield sticker slapped on the windshield and all the new parts checked and re-torqued. It's almost go time!

IMG_20240621_165250537_HDR~2.jpg

@Boydsdodge and I will be driving Buttercup, my 1972 GY4 NYB 2dr, and Ming, my 1973 JA5 NYB 4dr, from @71Polara383 's shop in Rockford to Carlisle. We plan to leave the shop around 11AM and make stops in Bloomington (1-1:45PM, Wed.), Brownsburg (4:30-5-30PM), Columbus (overnight), and Wheeling (11AM-noon) along the way -- see roadmap below.

On Wednesday, @73 New Yorker will meet us at Rosie's Pub in Bloomington, IL for lunch around 1PM on Wednesday; later, we will drive past Urbana-Champaign and meet up with @david hill in Brownsburg just west of Indianapolis (around 5PM); and overnight in Columbus (likely after 8PM).

Rockford to Brownsburg Final.jpg

On Thursday, @Boydsdodge and I will meet up with @david hill at the BP off I-70 in Pataskala, OH (Exit 118, on OH-310). We will leave the gas station at 9AM and take I-70 eastward. We will stop for an early lunch at Avenue Eats in Wheeling, WV (right across the Ohio River that is the border between Ohio and West Virginia) from 11AM-11:45AM as they open at 11, and then continue east. We should arrive in Carlisle around 4PM.

Columbus to Avenue_Eats_Wheeling to Carlisle.jpg

Anyone who would like to caravan with the two or three of us for the whole trip, a part of it, or to simply meet us at one of our planned stops -- just post here (or PM me on FCBO), and I will be in touch.

@Omni @LocuMob @70 Sport Suburban @jollyjoker @The_Eagles’_Nest @JJ300 @shooter65 @billyfury

Last edited:
I plan to leave early in the morning on Thursday and hope to be in Carlisle about 5pm or so with stops for gas. I will likely be using country roads near the turnpike until the PA border then I will play it by ear.

We're headed down Thursday morning. Something has come up and we have to make a detour with a stop on the way, so hopefully that won't slow us down too much.

Original plan was to take the 300L, but I haven't gotten the interior back together (the heat hasn't helped) and I'm back to the vert. I changed a bad expansion valve and fixed a leak in the AC yesterday and charged it today. 37 degrees, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

We're staying in New Cumberland, Thursday and Friday and headed back Saturday evening.

This weekend...
The plan at this point is that my friend and I will drive my two cars the (give or take) 300 miles on Friday morning to the show. We will be leaving from the Albany, NY area early and hope that all goes well during the 6-plus hours of take-it-easy driving. Work obligations and scheduling require that we do the drive all in one day.
This will be the first multi-mile drive for my 1960 New Yorker since I acquired it. My 1963 300 Pacesetter endured an earlier 800-mile+ road trip running waaaaaay hotter that I liked, but no harm done. I've since had the radiator re-cored at a local shop. They did a great job but the engine still runs hot, so I'm taking out the thermostat for this trip. With expectations positive, and/or with reality in denial, I hope to see you there!

-- FWD Look Fan
Christopher Rulo

I'm heading down from the Buffalo area on Thursday morning, should be in Carlisle late afternoon if all goes well. My oldest son and his daughter are coming up from Raleigh in his recently acquired 1990 Dodge D50 4wd on Thursday as well. Looking forward to a great weekend!

Not that it matters, but first one at Carlisle as of 9 PM last night.

Looks like Carlisle, yet again has underestimated how many C Bodies will be on the show field.

IMG_2630.jpeg

We're headed down Thursday morning. Something has come up and we have to make a detour with a stop on the way, so hopefully that won't slow us down too much.

Original plan was to take the 300L, but I haven't gotten the interior back together (the heat hasn't helped) and I'm back to the vert. I changed a bad expansion valve and fixed a leak in the AC yesterday and charged it today. 37 degrees, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

We're staying in New Cumberland, Thursday and Friday and headed back Saturday evening.

John: I thought you were going to that "other show" this year. So glad we'll see you this year!

John: I thought you were going to that "other show" this year. So glad we'll see you this year!
You mean the Syracuse Nationals. For some reason unknown to me, the dates on the two shows sometimes fall on the same weekend and sometimes it doesn't.

This year, the Syracuse Nats are the 19th through the 21st. I'm still not sure if I'm going to participate or not. The 300 Club mini-meet is the same weekend (20th) and I'm planning on being there.

Not that it matters, but first one at Carlisle as of 9 PM last night.

View attachment 670702

Technically Ralph was the first one there, cause he got there at the crack of dawn when the sun was coming up yesterday. Or so he posted on the clubs facebook page. Hope you had a safe trip and everything went smoothly for you, the car looks trophy ready.

My stepdad is headed to Carlisle today, he left an hour ago at 6:30. He is making a couple stops to meet with some friends first along the way to travel in a convoy like normal. The previous owners of his new ‘69 Charger are already there in Pennsylvania, they got there yesterday. Hope everyone going has safe travels and a good time, I’m looking forward to seeing more posts on the show and some pictures.

Last edited:
Good Morning All
The PLAN is pull chocks Thurs @0600. East on the turnpike with gas and eat stops SHOULD be there Thursday mid-afternoon.
Stopping at Carlisle Barracks first to unload the "Barge".
Omni

We'll be leaving Toledo area about 8-9 Thursday morning. Turnpike the whole way . I believe omni is also. Gotta reach out to him. I'll watch this post for updates, maybe catch a few of you on the road. Safe Travels!!

Leaving for Carlisle on Thursday and going to the mini-meet at the Expo center on Thursday night. Looking forward to seeing you all at the big show!

Last edited:
Back