Chrome Paint

RKC

Reaction score
What is the best chrome paint color available in an aerosol can that best resembles chrome for the dash and some engine brackets, etc? Thanks!

What is the best chrome paint color available in an aerosol can that best resembles chrome for the dash and some engine brackets, etc? Thanks!
It's called Argent Silver and is available on E-Bay and other sources.

Dave

It's called Argent Silver and is available on E-Bay and other sources.

Dave
Argent Silver and Chrome are two different finishes! Argent is a metallic finish and Chrome, well, it is just chrome. I have used the attached extensively in my restoration project for Argent and looks fine, and matched a paint that I also purchased that actually was labeled Argent, and can be bought at your local hardware store. When I use on metal, I also bake it on at 200 degrees for 20-30 minutes - put in in the oven, turn up to 200 degrees and let the oven cool off with piece in!

Argent Paint.jpg

Argent 2 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
While I haven't used it, I've read that Revell chrome paint is pretty good. The reviews I've seen have been for model cars etc. so I can't speak to durability and it's not cheap.

I suggest painting with black first.

Should be available at a well stocked hobby shop.

A search on YouTube will bring up a bunch of comparisons to other paints. One thing I've seen and tried is clear coating the chrome paint and that usually makes it look like aluminum rather than chrome, but YMMV.

1691521125189.png

This video compares a couple finishes and believe or not, chrome nail polish wins. I've tried this and it does look like chrome.

Take a walk on the wild side and wrap your items, easier than you think, if you screw up just take it off and try again.
Available on A----Zon, regular chrome, rose chrome, smoke chrome, copper chrome. Various sizes so you don't have to break the bank just trying.
Tons of yu tube diy videos.

PT

Back