Chrome plating in eastern Pennsylvania

bronze turbine

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone to re-chrome bumpers and possibly do other metal trim work. I was hoping to find a good place within driving distance. I've found these two places:

Librandi's in Middletown, PA and

Frankford Plating in Philadelphia.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these places and can give any recommendations or suggest any other places in this area that do good work.

Thanks!

I’ve seen Librandi’s at Spring Carlisle and Corvettes at Carlisle.
my brother in law and I spoke to them at the Corvette show about rechroming his 67 Corvette bumpers. They gave us a ballpark estimate that seemed fair, but of course the final price would be given when we dropped them off. He hasn’t taken them off the car yet, so I can’t give a review of their work. Maybe you could call them and get your own ballpark price. being in Pa, you can drop it off and save the shipping.

I'm looking for someone to re-chrome bumpers and possibly do other metal trim work. I was hoping to find a good place within driving distance. I've found these two places:

Librandi's in Middletown, PA and

Frankford Plating in Philadelphia.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these places and can give any recommendations or suggest any other places in this area that do good work.

Thanks!
I was told to steer clear of Frankford plating and the same person recommended Librandi's. That's who I'll likely use when it's time. If i didn't mind driving I'd check out Tri City plating in Tennessee.

Tri City is the only place to go. Worth the shipping costs.
They are usually at Carlisle where you can drop off or pick up.

If you look for chrome platers at Carlisle, stay away from Bumper Boyz. If they still let them come to Carlisle that is. I haven't seen them for a while.

I've heard nothing but horror stories about them.

If you look for chrome platers at Carlisle, stay away from Bumper Boyz. If they still let them come to Carlisle that is. I haven't seen them for a while.

I've heard nothing but horror stories about them.

I'm pretty sure they do Spring and Fall still.

I second that for Tri City. Pauls in western PA does excellent work & I've used them but Tri City charges far less for bumpers. I picked up these sweet ones for my Valiant & dropped off cores at the same time at Carlisle.

bumper 1.JPG
bumper 2.JPG

I used Tri City for my F100. Sent out from California and then back. Total cost around $900 which includes shipping both ways. My shipping cost less than their flat rate to me.

355314376_10224869876882454_7214737408587019901_n.jpg

Tri City told me $1500 for each bumper for the '70 Newport convertible last year. $3k + delivering fees ouch.. and that's with pretty nice cores.

I heard there's a place in New Jersey but I can't think of the name.

Tri City a grand each 68 fury in September...I drove there...turnaround remarkably fast

Closed Ran it into The Ground. Pat that worked there for 20 some Years is Starting his own Place

I had my front bumper done years ago and it still looks great. A guy in Tennessee did it for me but I can't find his contact number. The plating they do on bumpers looks great but as someone who owned new cars in the sixties and seventies, the factory chrome was never that nice.

Back