Chuck Berry R.I.P

As sad day. One of my favourites.

Look at the very proper audience and their proper attire. Men in suits and ties with women in dresses listening quietly to a untypical rocker in Chuck Berry. Compare that to the Beatles first ever show on Ed Sullivan in February 1964 which is the month is really learned what music is.
[/QUOTE]

Should have said I learned that there was music directed at me as up till then it consisted of hearing my parents music so I didn't pay attention. Of course, it should be noted that Chuck begat John and Paul.

They said this morning that Rolling Stone had him listed as the 6th greatest guitar player of all time.....

As a father of Rock and Roll I understand what he represents but with 5 perhaps 7 hits he wasn't one of the Greats

They said this morning that Rolling Stone had him listed as the 6th greatest guitar player of all time.....

As a father of Rock and Roll I understand what he represents but with 5 perhaps 7 hits he wasn't one of the Greats
Agreed. He wasn't in the top 10 in skills and ability with a guitar but no slouch either. He was however one of the most influential artists of that era. A brilliant showman who was a key player in converting old time R&B into main stream rock & roll.

Agreed..... 100%

They throw around the word great to easily

Oh and Hero, another word to loosely used

R.I.P. Chuck. He was a game changer for sure!

Back