Classics Industries..??

The cost of licensing, tooling, production and advertising would make the parts VERY expensive and from the sounds of it many here arent willing to put up E body money for C body parts.

There's your answer right there.

I still believe down the road it will happen. It's just a matter of time,....I hope!

It would be nice to be able to save this car.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I really don't care to see the C body segment saturated with aftermarket/reproduction parts.
I was restoreing B bodys back when you had to use and refurbish OEM parts, (hense the term "restore"). Theres more gratification in bringing a car back to life without the benefit of 1-800/WWW.chinese.com.
I rarely turn my head for a restored B/E body anymore because theres likely very few "OEM Ma Mopar parts used in the "reassembly" or them.

This forum spicifically and the internet in general has made it a lot easier to locate original parts and componants for out C bodys.

My nexr/current project is my 61 Plymouth Fury ...... Finding parts for a C body is a piece of cake compaired to it ...... But I relish the challange.

An unrelated question, Stan, is that a picture of Jimmy Hoffa in your avatar ? And if so what is the story of the large man asking about house painting?

Hey, stay on topic!! LOL...

I've owned E and B body Mopars, part of the joy/anguish was finding that certain NOS part that was missing, it took me three years to locate the correct 440 sixpack emblems for my Challenger. Three years and I still haven't found the NOS tail light housing I want for the Polara. Mopars are tough to rebuild, you have to be dedicated (a little crazy) and resourceful. I love driving and showing a car that most people have never seen, the reaction is priceless. So anybody have an NOS tail light housing for a "72" Polara?!

When I first started this insanity 4 years ago, I assumed the only way to get parts was to refurbish used originals. That's how I did my Challenger back in the day. You mean they repro all the panels for those now? So basically my 300 will be more original than the $150k E bodies for sale now at auction? I feel much better now. Knowing my car was full of repro metal would keep me up at night, and here I was bummed that I didn't have the numbers matching block.

Back