Collectible value

Nuthin wrong with a 318 in a C body.
Now that you posted pics, she is georgeous and leave it as is.

Our 69 Fury III has the same drivetrain.
Plenty of torque and cruises on the freeway all day long with decent MPG.
I agree with John and as I did play with the timing after recurving the distributor and installed Pertronix ignition.
Thev Carter 2bbl carb is super reliable and easy to tune.
Being my girlfriends car she wanted kept stock yet reliable.
My other 318 car, 73 Satellite wagon, I did upgrade to 4bbl, cam and duals and mag wheels.

FB_IMG_1632120576184.jpg

20210901_134444.jpg

FB_IMG_1634715933160.jpg

First, I would check timing and tune up. Get as much initial timing you can, even get distributor recurved. Sneak in a small 4 bbl AVS 2/ dual exhaust 2 1/4".
Still no good? Add a stroker crank, but keep all the original looks of engine with 360 heads 340/360 manifolds. Keep it looking as factory as possible for the sleeper look and to keep value of car.

Hmmm, shame to mess up this beauty with trying to make it what it was never meant to be. Anything you do to it will personalize to your taste, but become much less valuable as an original survivor. Sell this rarity a good home and go get a dime a dozen metric car with gads of HP and go have some fun.

Nice car!

If that were mine, I'd keep it like it is. No matter what you do, it's never going to be a rocket with the 318. Since you are concerned with value, best to keep it as is, spend your time getting it running as well as possible. Play with the timing a little bit etc. That will probably bring you the best bang for the buck.

About that rear end... It's either a 3.23 or a 3.55. You got one digit wrong.

View attachment 523659
Thanks for posting this John. Funny thing is our Windsor-built 69 318 Fury has a 2.76 tag on the pumpkin.

Nuthin wrong with a 318 in a C body.
Now that you posted pics, she is georgeous and leave it as is.

Our 69 Fury III has the same drivetrain.
Plenty of torque and cruises on the freeway all day long with decent MPG.
I agree with John and as I did play with the timing after recurving the distributor and installed Pertronix ignition.
Thev Carter 2bbl carb is super reliable and easy to tune.
Being my girlfriends car she wanted kept stock yet reliable.
My other 318 car, 73 Satellite wagon, I did upgrade to 4bbl, cam and duals and mag wheels.

View attachment 523661

View attachment 523662

View attachment 523663
Both are very nice. Maybe it was just that I was a 16 year kid and my brother had tire shredding hypo 383 with 4bbl that made me want more power.

I would leave the car alone is already nice nothing wrong with an 318 they are good engines.

I get it, its a big heavy car, and it would be nice when you punch the gas pedal that it really moves. A proper big block swap would certainly move it, but it would be costly requiring another transmission also, and numerous BB specific change over items; it would be easiest if you had a big block doner car.

As alternative how about a 360 based sb engine, keep the trans, and most external parts. Keep the car intact and running this summer, start building the motor now and get the detail items, order up the dual exhaust etc. and change it out over the next winter.

Back